Moving the split task timeline bar on touch devices does not work

Hello.

We have confirmed that the app does not work properly on touch devices (mobile devices). Help me.
I’m checking on iPad Safari. Gantt version is 8.0.6.

Moving the split task (timeline bar) on a touch device does not work properly. Everything works fine except for the split task. You can check it out in the demo below.

https://docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/04_customization/21_open_split_task.html

If gantt.resetLayout is executed after gantt.init, normal movement by tapping the timeline bar will no longer work.

I’m especially having trouble with 1.
It looks like the touchmove event is being interrupted.
Please give me advice.

Hello Mogu,

Moving the split task (timeline bar) on a touch device does not work properly. Everything works fine except for the split task. You can check it out in the demo below.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. It seems to be working that way on all touch devices. I added it as a bug to our internal bug tracker. The dev team will fix it in the future, but I cannot give you any ETA.

I found the following pattern that may help you in dragging split tasks. If you long tap on a split task, you cannot drag it. But you will be able to do that if you long tap and drag the finger on an empty area above or below the task.

If gantt.resetLayout is executed after gantt.init, normal movement by tapping the timeline bar will no longer work.

We are aware of that bug. There are different bugs with the resetLayout method including the touch functionality.
The dev team will fix the bugs in the future, but I cannot give you any ETA.
As a workaround, you can use the init method instead of the resetLayout method.