Multiple data series in xml

I can’t figure out how to write an XML document that will create multiple data series on a chart. What is the syntax?

I also don’t know how to setup multiple series in the object constructor with the expectation of loading multiple data series via XML. Using the addSeries() call isn’t an option.

Note: the dhtmlx documentation is very unclear about ALL xml formats, not just the xml format for charts. There needs to be a page somewhere with every dhtmlx object and the accompanying xml format.

The documentation was very not clear about this, but I figured it out. Here is some information for other people who are having the same issue:

Define a chart with a data series and then add another series:

chart = new dhtmlXChart({ view: "spline", container: "chart", value: "#weight#", gradient: "falling", color: "#b9a8f9", radius: 0, alpha: 0.5, border: true, xAxis: { title: "Day", lines:true, template:function(obj){ if(obj.day % 7 == 0 || obj.day == 182) {return obj.day;} else {return "";} } }, yAxis: { start: 238, end: 272, step: 1, title: "Weight", template: function(obj) { return (obj % 4 ? "": obj); } } }); chart.addSeries({ value:"#target#", item:{ borderColor: "#ff3300", color: "#ff3300", radius:0.5 }, line:{ color:"#ff3300", width:1 } }); chart.load("data.php?time=" + new Date().getTime() );

In my example, I want a data series called weight and another series called target. The Y values are set by the weight and target elements, respectively, and the X values are both set by the day element. The xAxis template definition outputs a label for every 7th X value as well as the 182nd value since that’s as high as my data will go. The result is this:

To serve the xml, the following PHP file was created:

[code]<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
require(“dbconfig.php”);

$mysqli = new mysqli($host,$user,$pass,$db);

if(mysqli_connect_errno() ) {
echo "-F- Connect Failed: " . mysqli_connect_error() . “
”;
exit();
}

$sql = “SELECT * FROM test”;
$result = $mysqli->query($sql) or die($mysqli->error.LINE);

header(‘Content-type: text/xml’);
echo(“<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"iso-8859-1\"?>\n”);
echo “\n”;

if($result->num_rows > 0) {
while($row = $result->fetch_assoc() ) {
# Output the ID
echo " \n";

# Output the weight if it exists in the DB
    if( isset( $row["weight"] ) ) {
        echo "        <weight>${row["weight"]}</weight>\n";
    }

# Output the target
    echo "        <target>${row["target"]}</target>\n";

# Output the day
    $day = $row["id"] - 1;
    echo "        <day>" . $day . "</day>\n";
    echo "    </item>\n";
}

}
echo “\n”;

mysqli_close($mysqli);
?>[/code]

The structure of the XML is:

<data> <item id="..."> <weight>...</weight> <target>...</target> <day>...</day> <item> </data>

Adding multiple series means making additional elements as children of each item element. THAT was the unclear part.

Hello
Here is your requested page with all xml formatting:
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/doc … index.html

I see that you’ve done this part. May be you have some more questions?