New and realy dont understand :S

I came across this yesterday and was very interested in how it could help me with some projects, but i dont know how to get a folder of files to show within the tree window. I feel a bit thick asking with the documentaton but i dnt understand it either. Iv never used file tranfere or display on a website before so i dnt know where to start, a guiding hand would be nice if anyone can help

Thanks in advance

The tree package contains a lot of samples. You can start with the following one:

dhtmlxTree/samples/09_initialization_general_settings/03_tree_init_xml.html

Moreover there is detailed documentation. You can download chm documentation or read it directly here:

docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtmlxtree:toc

Why can’t I get the list from tree3.xml to display in the tree box?

[code]

[/code]

Its basically just the code taken from the site with my files, its frustrating me to no end!?

Have a look at the sample on our website again - there are more libraries that are included on the page - for example dhtmlxmenu.js. dhtmlxmenu component requires additional libraries.
Moreover enableContextMenu method is available only in PRO edition. So, if you have only Standard one, this functionality won’t work.

It didn’t like my file path :confused: have no idea why!! :laughing:

Can I use the dhtmlxTree to display the contents of a folder on the webserver, standard version?

Hello,

It didn’t like my file path

Try to set relative path to xml. For example:

tree.loadXML("…/common/tree3.xml");

Please check ready samples.

Can I use the dhtmlxTree to display the contents of a folder on the webserver, standard version?

Standard version can be used in the GPL applications. Please see details here:

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … l#licenses