Newbie and DHTMLX Scheduler: where to start?

Hi,
I was desperately looking for a solution to share a group calendar within Joomla and finally found DHTMLX Scheduler which offers exactly all I need for my purpose. Nevertheless I’m absolutely new to it and a little bit “helpless” on how to set it up on my webspace. Is there any step-by-step help available for newbies to help them find their way through the installation process?

Any help very much appreciated!

Thomas

Presuming you have Joomla installed, have a look at these youtube video. It’ll show you how to install a component like ‘scheduler’ and set it up.
youtube.com/watch?v=0PD3XUWwxlw

Cheers, Wayne

Wayne,

thanks a lot for your reply! I didn’t know it is that easy! I’m not new to Joomla, but thought that the component needs an installation of scheduler - and that was the point where I am more than a newbie! :wink:

So far everything looks fine - I wonder whether it is possible to publish more than one calendar within the component. I try to use scheduler for a kind of reservation system and need about 5 resources to manage.

Thomas

To me it looks as if it will only support one calender, but the support team here may be able to comfirm.

Cheers, Wayne

Hi.
There is no way to use more than one calendar. Instead of this one you may use Units-view feature. It’ll help you to create some categories. Learn more about scheduler units-view here:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … units_view
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … tom_fields