No error messages when data not saved

it is 3 years that I have dhtmlxScheduler.Net v.1.0 installed. During the last 6 month in some situation scheduler cannot save an event into database (per ajax), no message will be displayed to the user. The user will think that everything is OK, however the data is lost. How can I detect such problems and show messages to users?

Hello,
do you know what exactly happens when the data is not saved to the DB?
If you do the saving somehow as described in this article scheduler-net.com/docs/managing- … ementation you probably have a try-catch block around the database operation. Does the ‘catch’ block triggers, or code is executed without triggering the exception?

I am experiencing this as well.

Basically there is an error occurring during the attempted save to the DB and while I return the correct object, nothing happens in the UI to indicate to the end user the event creation failed, nor does the event disappear as it should if there is a failure during save.

Thoughts?

Here is my response, it is the correct object type and my message is being displayed, one of many for different business requirements.

My implementation was taken from your code (link you provided already) almost verbatim.

return (new AjaxSaveResponse(action));

which returns to the browser:

Why isn’t it notifying the end user via the UI?

I replicate the error.
I have a Timeline view with a lot of events and resources, it cover 3 months period, it
is quite slow. if I make many changes so fast, like copy events etc, the scheduler seems to lost the sync with the server and if I update events the client doesn’t send the request to the server (also the event doesn’t become bold), but if create a new event, the request is sent to the server and new event is saved on DB.
There is a way to catch (client side) when any change is not sent to the server?

PS: I’m working on new ASP NET version 3.3 trial version and I’m evaluating to migrate my old verion (1.0) to new one if the problem will be solved

Hello,

Why isn’t it notifying the end user via the UI?

if you return an error status from the server side you can catch it using public API
docs.dhtmlx.com/api__dataprocess … event.html
Here is a demo:
s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipcha … essage.zip

if I make many changes so fast, like copy events etc, the scheduler seems to lost the sync with the server and if I update events the client doesn’t send the request to the server (also the event doesn’t become bold)

Are there any JS error in browser console, or error responses from the server? Please give us some more info so we could reproduce the issue.
Probably we can emulate it by setting a timeout in ‘Save’ action, so user will be able to do changes faster then server processes them. If so - please provide some kind of demo which we could use as a start point