onEditCell fires on double click to edit

I am attaching onEditCell to send cell changes to update my database. The event fires both when double clicking to invoke edit, and after losing focus. I only want it to fire on losing focus IF the value has changed. Here’s my code, thanks in advance…

$(function() {

function doOnLoad(){
            // init grid and set its parameters (this part as always)
            myGrid = new dhtmlXGridObject('gridbox');
            myGrid.setImagePath("codebase/imgs/");
            myGrid.setHeader("KEY,ASSET TAG,SERIAL NO,MODEL NO,ASSET TYPE,ASSET SUB TYPE,ACQUISITION,COST TYPE,COST,QUANTITY,MANUFACTURER,SUPPLIER,CAPITALIZED,TAGGED,USEFUL LIFE,LOCATION,ROOM,STATUS,PURCHASE_DATE,INVENTORY DATE,SCAN DATE,FUND CODE,PO,CHECK NO,INVOICE,VOUCHER,COMMENTS");
            myGrid.attachHeader(",#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#select_filter,#select_filter,#select_filter,#select_filter,#numeric_filter,#numeric_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#select_filter,#select_filter,#select_filter,#select_filter,#text_filter,#select_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter");
            myGrid.setColTypes("ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,price,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed");
            myGrid.setNumberFormat(",,,,,,,,'0,000.00',0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,");
            myGrid._in_header_stat_total=function(tag,index,data){
                    var calck=function(){
                    var sum=0;
                            var i = 0;
                    this.forEachRow(function(id){
                                    i = parseFloat(this.cellById(id,index).getValue());
                    sum+=i*1;
                                    sum = parseFloat(sum);
                    })
            return this._aplNF(sum,2);
            }
            this._stat_in_header(tag,calck,index,data);
            }
            myGrid.attachFooter(",,,,,,,,Total Inv: ${#stat_total},Count: {#stat_count},,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,");
            myGrid.setInitWidths("50,100,120,150,150,150,150,150,120,100,150,200,150,50,60,100,200,100,100,100,100,220,150,100,120,120,600,600,75,75");
            myGrid.setColAlign("right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right,right");
            myGrid.setDateFormat("%m-%d-%Y");
            myGrid.setColSorting("int,int,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,date,date,date,str,str,str,str,str,str");
            myGrid.enableMultiselect(true);
            myGrid.enableBlockSelection(true);
            myGrid.forceLabelSelection(true);
            myGrid.copyBlockToClipboard(); // allow user to copy selected cell(s)
            myGrid.attachEvent("onKeyPress",onKeyPressed);
            function onKeyPressed(code,ctrl,shift){
            if(code==67&&ctrl){
                    if (!myGrid._selectionArea) {
                            new Messi('Please select a block area in the grid.',{autoclose: 3000, title: 'Block Selection',titleClass:'error'});
                    }
                    else {
                            myGrid.setCSVDelimiter("t");
                    myGrid.copyBlockToClipboard( new Messi('Your selection has been saved to the Clipboard',{autoclose: 3000, title: 'Block Selection',titleClass:'success'}));
                    }
            }
            if(code==86&&ctrl){
                    myGrid.setCSVDelimiter("\t");
                    myGrid.pasteBlockFromClipboard()
            }
            return true;

};
            myGrid.pasteBlockFromClipboard(); // allow user to paste into cells
            myGrid.init();
            myGrid.enableSmartRendering(true,50);
            gridQString = "ajax/tempGridAssets.php";
            myGrid.load( gridQString, 'json' );
            myDataProcessor = new dataProcessor("ajax/updateTemp.php"); // lock feed url
            myDataProcessor.setTransactionMode("POST",true); // set mode as send-all-by-post
            myDataProcessor.setUpdateMode("off"); // disable auto-update
            myDataProcessor.init(myGrid); // link dataprocessor to the grid
    };

$(window).load(function(){
       doOnLoad();
       myGrid.attachEvent( "onEditCell", function (stage,rId,cInd,nValue){
        new Messi(nValue,{autoclose: 3000, title: 'Cell Change',titleClass:'success'});
        return true;
       });
    });

});

onEditCell event has 3 stages of the cell edit when it fires:
0-before start; can be canceled if return false,
1 - the editor is opened,
2- the editor is closed

so you need to attach the onEditCell event with the stage “2”:
grid.attachEvent(“onEditCell”, function(stage,rId,cInd,nValue,oValue){
if (stage==2){
// your code