onkeypress event for toolbar text object

Is it possible to add any of the keyboard event handler for the toolbar’s text object. I’d like to enable a button on the toolbar, but only when something is entered into a text object.

Here is your approach
Script:function doOnLoad() { toolbar = new dhtmlXToolbarObject("parentId"); toolbar.setIconsPath('../dhtmlxToolbar/codebase/images/'); toolbar.addButton('logo','0',"Button"); toolbar.disableItem('logo') } function f2(){ toolbar.enableItem('logo') }
Body:<div id="parentId" style="height: 50px; width: 400px"></div> <input type="text" id="inp" onkeyup="f2()" style="width: 200px; margin: 150px; background-color: #fafad2;">

Darya,

No…no…I need to add the handler to the toolbars text input object. I am creating the object with this: docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … t_addinput

toddaa, have you downloaded new 3.5 version of DHTMLX Suite?
There is a toolbar.getInput(id) method.
You can use it with the next approah:

toolbar = new dhtmlXToolbarObject("parentId"); toolbar.setIconsPath('../dhtmlxToolbar/codebase/images/'); toolbar.addButton('logo','0',"Button"); toolbar.addInput('inptlb', 1, '', 200); toolbar.disableItem('logo'); obj = toolbar.getInput('inptlb') obj.onkeyup = function(){ toolbar.enableItem('logo') }

Darya,

Yes, Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

You are welcome!