Only the first action is sent to the server,

Hello,
I am testing the jsp demo of the dhtmlxScheduler i don’t know why only the first action is sent to the server. After the first event nothing is sent to the server fro exemple:
1)create an event
2)change the duration of the task

when i refresh the page the new duration of the event is not taken into account. any clue please

Hi,
could you provide link to your scheduler page?

innotall.com:8900/demoapp_jsp/04_recurring.jsp

Hi,
it’s a known problem, it’s already fixed, update will be released soon.
For now you may open file codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.js and modify code in it like here:

afterUpdate:function(that,b,c,d,xml){
		xml.getXMLTopNode("data"); //fix incorrect content type in IE
		//if (!xml.xmlDoc.responseXML) return;

one line was commented here.

Hi,
Thank you so much that fix the problem :wink:
But i have to ask you, We are dealing with sensitive data here so is there something that we should be aware of when using the simple scheduler and is there a way to use the recurring scheduler with the google map view ?

and one last thing can we use OSM(open street map) instead of google maps
thanks

Hi,

could you describe more in details what do you mean “sensitive”?

is there a way to use the recurring scheduler with the google map view

Yes, recurring events will be rendered in map-view correctly.
Unfortunately there is no way to use Open Street Map instead of Google Map.

Hi,
First of all we are dealing with a huge number of events and i can see that you are using an integer for the event Id which limit the number of events that could be added.
By sensitive data i mean that the data from events added bye users will be used in an algorithm and it should be coherent. Maybe the word sensitive is miss placed but i would like to know if there is something to be aware of in general provided that we are targeting a huge number of users and we would like to use the scheduler for our mobile app. And finally could provide me with a link or a tutorial on how to combine the recurring scheduler with the map view because the default one is a simple scheduler.
Best Regards

Hi,

1. you right, integer is used for event id. But it’s a very big value in javascript (2^53) and quite big in mysql/java (2^32). JavaPlanner provides uniqueness of event ids, you should care about unique ids only during saving into database (usually mysql provides new id automatically you should just return it from server side into client).

2. To make sure that data is sensitive you may validate it before saving into database (method saveEvent in class EventsManager) and return status “invalid” if data is incorrect.

3. Unfortunately there is no such tutorial for now. But here are some steps:
    3.1) Create table in database which has the follow fields: event_id, start_date, end_date, text, rec_type, event_pid, event_length, event_location, event_lat, event_lng. It’s a combination of tables events_rec and events_map from demoapp_jsp.
    3.2) Create class EventMap which extends DHXEventRec (it’s exactly the same as class EventMap in demoapp_jsp but must be extended from DHXEventRec, not DHXEvent)
    3.3) Implement CustomEventsManager which will be like CustomRecEventsManager but with additional fields (location, lat, lng) and use it for loading/saving events
    3.4) Configure javaplanner: you may use 06_map.jsp as example, but add the follow line:

s.extensions.add(DHXExtension.RECURRING);

Thank you so much for your assistance and your fast and accurate answers. Have a nice day :slight_smile: