Performance Issue while Loading large number of Columns in d

Hi ,

I am using dhtmlXGridFromTable in one of my projects.Grid is made out of the table and not from the xml.

The grid has 80 rows and 27 columns.

There are two tabs on the page , one tab shows the columns from 0 to 15 and the second tab shows the column from 16 to 27 of the same grid.By default , on page load the first tab is selected.

The approach that I am following is :

1) Create a Grid from the Html Table with all rows and all columns.

2) Since, Tab 1 is selected by default , show only the columns from 0 to 15 and hide others columns using an API : setColumnsVisibility.

3) When Tab 2 is selected , hide the columns from 0 to 15 and show columns from 16 to 27.

Its working fine , but there is a serious performance hit on page loading due to the above steps.

I browsed through the documentation and found some tools like Smart Rendering , Distributed Parsing etc , but that holds good when there are a large number of rows in the data , do we have any performance tool when there are large number of columns , or do we have any other approach to implement it better.

Thanks.

do we have any performance tool when there are large number of columns , or do we have any other approach to implement it better.
Unfortunately dhtmlxGrid hasn’t appropriate approach to incrase loading perfomance of large number of columns. Hiding showing large number of columns is very resource-intensive operation (this cannot be fixed). In your case better to implement 2 different grids which will be loaded with ajax if necessary tab is active.