Problem using Connector and Grid with ASP.NET

I’m running into a problem with getting DHTMLX Connector to work with my website. I am trying to use dHTMLx GRID with the connector to access an ms sql database.

I am a novice when it comes to ASP.NET so I apologize for my lack of knowledge but I’ve gone through the guides as well as looked at the sample code. Now when I open the sample pages ‘gridConnector.ashx’ handler, it displays an XML document just fine. I’ve tried my hardest to emulate everything I could but when I open my ‘gridConnector.ashx’ it gives a Parse Error saying: Could not create type ‘dhtmlxConnector.Net.dhtmlxGrid.gridConnector’. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Hello,
be sure to see this article
http://docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtmlxconnectornet:initialization_of_dhtmlxconnector#server-side_code
Looks like that class which is specified in handlers markup does not defined in handlers code, or is defined in some other namespace.
Markup of your handler may look like that

<%@ WebHandler Language="C#" CodeBehind="gridConnector.ashx.cs" Class="dhtmlxConnector.Net.dhtmlxGrid.gridConnector" %>

you should modify the ‘Class’ attribute Class="dhtmlxConnector.Net.dhtmlxGrid.gridConnector" - there should be a full name of the handler class, e.g.

Class="myWebApp.gridConnector"