Problem with classic ASP Connector

I’m trying to set up the beta version of the classic ASP connector (for use with Grid). Even with the example that has been sent through, every time I try to load the asp page, I get an alert come up with the html code for ‘page cannot be displayed’.

01_grid.asp

<!--#include file="Connector.asp"-->
<%
    Dim res
    Set res = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
	res.ConnectionString = "driver={SQL Server};server=localhost;uid=***;pwd=*******;database=********"
    res.Open

Dim grid
    Set grid = new Connector
    grid.init TypeGrid, res, "MSSQL", TypeUnspecified, TypeUnspecified
    grid.render_table "tblSupplierContact","ContactID","ContactID, ContactName", "", ""
%>

01_basic.html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>
    <title>For demo purpose only :: &1</title>
    <link rel='STYLESHEET' type='text/css' href='dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.css'>

<script src='dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js'></script>
    <script src='dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.js'></script>  
    <script src='dhtmlxDataProcessor/codebase/dhtmlxdataprocessor.js'></script>        
    <script src='dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_filter.js'></script>       
    <script src='dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_srnd.js'></script>     
    <script src='dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgridcell.js'></script>  
    <script src='connector.js'></script> 

</head>

<body>
    <div id="gridbox" width="350px" height="550px" style="background-color:white;overflow:hidden"></div>
<script>
    mygrid = new dhtmlXGridObject('gridbox');
    mygrid.setImagePath('dhtmlxGrid/codebase/imgs/');
    mygrid.setHeader("Column A, Column B");
    mygrid.attachHeader("#connector_text_filter,#connector_text_filter")
    mygrid.setInitWidths("100,*")
    mygrid.setColTypes("edtxt,ed");
    mygrid.setColSorting("connector,connector")
    mygrid.enableSmartRendering(true)
    mygrid.enableMultiselect(true)
    mygrid.init();
    mygrid.loadXML("01_grid.asp");

var dp = new dataProcessor("01_grid.asp");
    dp.init(mygrid);
</script>
<input type="button" name="add" value="add row" onclick="var id=mygrid.uid(); mygrid.addRow(id,'',0); mygrid.showRow(id);">
<input type="button" name="delete" value="delete row" onclick="mygrid.deleteSelectedRows()">
</body>
</html>

Can you do this?
i need to do the same

We never spent much time trying to get it to work, mainly because the classic ASP connector was a beta product and therefore not supported, and we needed a solution that we could use in an enterprise application.

We just created a classic ASP page that contained a function that took a number of variables (database table name, list of field names, grid column properties for those fields). The function would then do a SELECT statement and then spit out XML in the required format. This could then be called using the grid.load method.

Thanks for you answer.
Do you have a example of this?
i need a complete example for a connection to SQL from ASP.

Thank,
Esteban

I need an asp complete example too.

The Beta Version of ASP Connector seems to be interesting but it’s impossible to run an example.
I try to build a simple grid and connect it to a MS Access DB. The Connection String is correct because if I open a recordset i can read the records, but it’s no way to show them in the grid following the examples sent by DHTMLX.

The Beta Version is not supported by DHTMLX.com but i hope somebody else is interested in using it.

Did Somebody try with success ??

Bye Mauro (sorry for my English)