Problem with Ediatble dhtmlX Combobox

Hi All,
I am facing one critical issue,As i used Editable dhtml combobox grid. I used 3 columns for Data population. 1 column is showing Data from lookup of Lotus Domino View .Based on that Again Data is fetched from Lotus Domino View .Please find the Data for 2nd column as

1. 40 Fort Street
  2. 30 Western Park

On First column Data selection Second Column which is Editable Combobox showing Data .
But when i put Data in inputcombox as 40 Fort Street its Showing Selected but when using 40 fort Street the data not getting highlighted(Selected) because i feel whenever key is pressed that event is going to hit with the Dataset and found the Matched DataSet which is with that Key.

Here in the Example F is having Different Key Code and f is having different keycode.

So i also checked dhtmlxcombo.js , there key code is taken for every character which is hitted through keyboard.

Can anybody help me how to make this problem Case insensitive. So if i type small character or Capital character , irrespective of that Data is highlighted.

Regards
Kamal

Hi,

filtering in combo is case insensitive. dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ilter.html

Is the “40 fort Street” option presented in combo list ? What combo version do you use ?

Hi Alexandra,
Thanks for your Reply.That combo box which i took is input combobox which can take Value and Search in the Combo list.If found that value from combobox is highlighted and if not then not highlighted.
40 Fort Street is present (which is in Capital letters).
Not 40 fort street. So if i go for searching the below value then its not showing.

Regards
Kamal

Unfortunately the problem isn’t clear… Do you use your functionality to search options or use combo filtering ?

Possibly if you provide the related code snippet, the issue would became clearer…

Hi Alexandra,
I have attached 2 files which will describe you the Problem.Its having the digrammatic representation of problem statement. Actaully problem was not coming in single file So i upload 2 files.

Please have a look on these files and i guess you will be able to understand the problem.

Regards
Kamal

Hi,

probably you use “co” column type, not the “combo”. So, your question doesn’t relate to dhtmlxcombo.

The only way to make the “co” selection case-insensitive is to modify the dhtmlxgridcell.js.

Try to locate the lines (901-903 in the dhtmlxGrid/sources/dhtmlxgridcell.js):

for (var i = 0; i < c.length; i++) if (c[i].text.indexOf(val) == 0) return c[i].selected=true;

and replace it with:

for (var i = 0; i < c.length; i++) if (c[i].text.toLowerCase().indexOf(val.toLowerCase()) == 0) return c[i].selected=true;

Hi Alexandra,
I try to find your mentioned Code in dhtmlxgridcell.js . But no success.Didn’t found that Code inside that JS.
I actually try to Check dhtmlxcombo.js . I am not sure is dhtmlxcombo.js used for Editable Combobox or not ?

Regards,
Kamal

Hi Alexandra,
I found that CO is used in dhtmlxgridcell.js where i feel that function
function eXcell_co(cell) i will have to modify as per my need, but i am not sure where to put these changes.
Request you to please have a look into it and provide your input.

Regards
Kamal

Hi,

I’ve attached the modified dhtmlxgridcell.js
dhtmlxgridcell.zip (8.25 KB)

Hi Alexandra,
Thanks a lot for great support.I am able to fix the issue with your help.
:smiley:
Regards
Kamal