Problem with "enableAutoHeight", "enableAutoWidth" and "spli

We have a problem wiith “enableAutoHeight”, “enableAutoWidth” when in split mode (“splitAt”): when splitAt and the other options are set at the same time, “splitAt” is disabled.

This issue may be similar to this one:

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/kb/ … mal&q=2963

There is a response saying that “next version will have a fix for this”, and this was posted 1 year ago.

We use the last version of dhtmlxGrid.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks,

Cyril

dhtmlxgrid 2.1 can size itself correctly with combination of “enableAutoHeight”, “enableAutoWidth” and “splitAt” commands.

>>This issue may be similar to this one:
Fixed in latest version for sure, both auto-width and auto-height correctly process both parts of split grid.

How sizes defined for columns in your case?
Please be sure that columns in left part of split grid must have fixed values ("*" as size will not work)

My problem comes from the way “enableAutoWidth” works: it adjusts the width of the container of the grid to the width of the window, and if the grid itself is bigger, a scrollbar appears.

Since I use “splitAt”, the grid is split in two. I would expected that the width of the container of the grid adjust to the width of the window and that if the grid itself is bigger, there would be a horizontal scrollbar only on the right part of my grid.

A member of the support team answered:
"If you want to use split at with visible scroll, you can’t use auto-width, but need to adjust size of grids container, so it will not cause external scrolls on the page."

So I can’t have an automatic resizing of the grid container and I think I understand why: I would need something like “enableAutoWidth” only for the right part of the splitted grid.

For now, I go with adjusting size of grid container based on the size of the user browser window. It is not as good as “enableAutoWidth” with no split mode, but it is quite ok, for a big enough window.

Thanks!

Cyril

I would expected that the width of the container of the grid adjust to the width of the window
If you mean dhtmlxwindow - you need not to enable autoWidth or autoHeight mode  - grid created by attachGrid automatically adjust itself to the parent window.
If you mean native HTML window, still not use autoWidth but define width:100% as style for grid’s container

autoWidth mode in grid set grid’s width as summ of column’s width, it not related to the size of parent element.

>>I go with adjusting size of grid container based on the size of the user browser window
In case of percent based widht - it can be a single setting for any resolution of browser.