Problem with open/closed nodes

Hi Guys,

I have XML to load a tree (sample below) which results in 5 nodes, 1 parent with 2 children and each of these children with another child. In certain cases I want certain nodes to be open and in other cases closed, so i add the attitbute open=‘1’ where required, and this results in the node being open at load time. However I cannot seem to get the topmost node to close on load. If you look at the sample xml the ‘open’ attribute is not used at all and while the first level of child nodes are closed on load, the topmost or parent one doesn’t… it remains open? Any idea why this is?

AJ Promotions

Hi,

open=“1” means that an item should be opened and all its parent nodes too. It’s correct behaviour as open node should be shown.

Hi Alexandra,

sorry I copied the wrong piece of XML it should have been the XML below. In this case the only difference is that open=“1” is not in the topmost node. in fact, open=“1” is not in any node. However, the result is the same, the two child nodes are closed as expected, but the topmost or parent node is open? I would expect it to be closed?

AJ Promotions

Hi,

selectItem method shows an item and highlights it. And select=“1” attribute calls this method.

Try to call select=“1” only for topnode in order to solve the problem.