Problem with smart rendering in Firefox

With 1000 rows and a buffer of 50,

if I use the scroll, it leave the front row blank, so everytime I use the scroll it inserts a blank row at the begining grid.

any suggestions?

The similarproblem which can occur with smart rendering can be cause by using rows with non-standard height, in smart rendering mode all caculations based on row height , so if you changes something in default skins it may affect row height and in result cause incorrect output.

In case of non standard row height must be used before smart rendering initialization.
    grid.setAwaitedRowHeight(row_height)

I don’t think that is the problem, because I using the default row height.

In the attachment you can see the problem every time the scroll is used.

Please check next

a)In case of dynamical smart rendering server side script will be called with two params
    count and posStart
server side script must return count not smaller than requested

b) “a buffer of 50” - how do you set its size, do you using third param of enableSmartRendering or some othe command, correct syntax is
    grid.enableSmartRendering(true,1000,50);

c) if you have fixed grid height and know how much row must be rendered at once you can specify it as
     grid.enableSmartRendering(true,1000,50,30);   //last param count of row rendered at once
by default it calculated automatically but in some really rare cases it has sense to set it manually

If problem still occurs for you - please provide any kind of sample ( we need at least client side code, server side backend is not necessary ) - you can send it directly to support@dhtmlx.com

Thanks!!!..now works fine!!!

What do you mean about “a)” how about last portion where returned count can be smaller than requested, is that cause errors ?

how about last portion where returned count can be smaller than requested, is that cause errors ?

returning smaller count will not cause direct bug but view can be not fully rendered in result
for example if you have
    grid visible rows = 20

while scrolling grid request 50 new records ( by default grid use some prefetching )
If code return 50 records - all fine, grid will render necessary 20 and store last 30 in buffer
If code return 30 records - all fine, grid will render necessary 20 and store last 10 in buffer
If code return 10 records - grid will render 10 rows, but 10 rows will not be rendered correctly, so empty space will appear on screen, if you scroll down grid will send another request to server and will fill empty area so problem not broke inner model, just may cause incorrect view.