I think it is not the best, that it is always a problem to handle normal standard Json things with DHX.
I try since 4 Days to fill a simple grid with a Json string, which is formatted in exactly the way you provide in your different samples.
{"rows": [{"cat_id":"4","image":"4.jpg","parent_id":"0","status":true"}]}
this is the grid:
catgrid = new dhtmlXGridObject('catgrid');
catgrid.setImagePath("{$tpl_path}codebase/imgs/");
catgrid.setHeader("cat_id, image, parent_id, status");
catgrid.setColumnIds("cat_id, image, status");
catgrid.setSkin("dhx_skyblue");
catgrid.init();
I have a tree, too. On select a tree item theres a function call:
[code] function get_cat_data(id){
var loader=dhtmlxAjax.postSync(“includes/modules/admin/process.php”, ‘action=catdata&catid=’+id);
catgrid.clearAll();
var catdata = JSON.parse(loader.xmlDoc.responseText);
catgrid.parse(catdata,"json");
}[/code]
The results is: TypeError: a.rows is undefined
I tried out some of the methods to load or parse the loader data, but all the time without any success. It is so, that I test the DHX since a week and came to opinion, that it is to expensive to buy the professional Version if you have 3 timekilling issues in a week when you just try to follow the documentation and samples by yourself. Maybe I wait until you developed usable Json support for every module. Ajax ist state of the art and Json is the serialisation method for AJAX you know.

