Problems with Designer

I am trying to get the visual designer working. It’s the first time I’ve used it and it looks like a really great tool, but I can’t make any changes from the default settings. When I go into it there is a 3 cell layout. I’ve tried to change the number of cells to one, but it just goes straight back to 3. I’ve tried deleting the layout and putting in a new one, but I still can’t change the number of cells.

I’ve also tried adding other elements to the design but have a similar problem. For example I added a PageList component. When I try to change the source from the default it just changes straight back.

Is there a step I’m missing here? I’ve tried it in both chrome and safari on my Macbook with the same result. Any help appreciated.

Just wanted to update this post. I’ve now tried the designer in Firefox on Mac and it works great. I don’t have any of the problems I was getting with Chrome and Safari.

Hello,

we have reproduced and fixed the problem. But unfortunately, we do not have possibility to update Designer this week.

I too have this problem in Chrome 27 and Safari 6.0.5. This seems to happen also on delete actions, which do not remove a component from the main view.

Is there anything I need to do in order to update the main view?

This seems to happen also on delete actions, which do not remove a component from the main view.

Could you explain the issue in detail - how can we reproduce the problem?