Prof. Edition User - Issue in Re-construction of dhtmlXChart

Hi,

I am using the professional version of dhtmlX api. My question relates to dhtmlXChart:

My dataset consists of 2 columns: #column1# & #column2#
Based on user input (radio-button), I need to construct my dhtmlXChart (pie chart 3D) in following manner:

if(radio-button-1.checked)
{
pieChart3D = new dhtmlXChart({
view: “pie3D”,
container: “chart”,
value: “#column1#”,
legend:{
width: 155,
align: “left”,
valign: “bottom”,
marker:{
type: “square”,
width: 15
},
template: “#industryName#”
},
tooltip:{
template:function(obj) {
var column1 = obj.column1;
var sum = pieChart3D.sum(“#column1#”);
var percent = Math.round(column1/sum*100) +“%”;
return column1 + " ; " + percent;
}
},
pieInnerText:function(obj){
var column1 = obj.column1;
var sum = pieChart3D.sum(“#column1#”);
var percent = Math.round(column1/sum*100) +“%”;
return column1 + " ; " + percent;

}

});

}
else if (radio-button-2.checked)
{
pieChart3D = new dhtmlXChart({
view: “pie3D”,
container: “chart”,
value: “#column2#”,
legend:{
width: 155,
align: “left”,
valign: “bottom”,
marker:{
type: “square”,
width: 15
},
template: “#industryName#”
},
tooltip:{
template:function(obj) {
var column2 = obj.column2;
var sum = pieChart3D.sum(“#column2#”);
var percent = Math.round(column2/sum*100) +“%”;
return column2 + " ; " + percent;
}
},
pieInnerText:function(obj){
var column2 = obj.column2;
var sum = pieChart3D.sum(“#column2#”);
var percent = Math.round(column2/sum*100) +“%”;
return column2 + " ; " + percent;

}

});

}

Now the issue that I’m facing is that I’m unable to reconstruct the variable pieChart3D. After constructing the variable pieChart3D, when I try to reconstruct it again, the pieChart disappears. I don’t understand why this is happening…

Kindly tell me how can I achieve the desired functionality.

You may call destructor() method before calling chart contructor again. However, it would be better to redefine only certain properties:

/*default initialization*/ pieChart3D = new dhtmlXChart({ view: "pie3D", container: "chart", value: "#column1#", legend:{ width: 155, align: "left", valign: "bottom", marker:{ type: "square", width: 15 }, template: "#industryName#" }, tooltip:{ template:function(obj) { var column1 = obj.column1; var sum = pieChart3D.sum("#column1#"); var percent = Math.round(column1/sum*100) +"%"; return column1 + " ; " + percent; } }, pieInnerText:function(obj){ var column1 = obj.column1; var sum = pieChart3D.sum("#column1#"); var percent = Math.round(column1/sum*100) +"%"; return column1 + " ; " + percent; } });

if(radio-button-1.checked) { pieChart3D.define({ value: "#column1#", tooltip:{ template:function(obj) { var column1 = obj.column1; var sum = pieChart3D.sum("#column1#"); var percent = Math.round(column1/sum*100) +"%"; return column1 + " ; " + percent; } }, pieInnerText:function(obj){ var column1 = obj.column1; var sum = pieChart3D.sum("#column1#"); var percent = Math.round(column1/sum*100) +"%"; return column1 + " ; " + percent; } }) } else if (radio-button-2.checked) { pieChart3D.define({ value: "#column2#", tooltip:{ template:function(obj) { var column2 = obj.column2; var sum = pieChart3D.sum("#column2#"); var percent = Math.round(column2/sum*100) +"%"; return column2 + " ; " + percent; } }, pieInnerText:function(obj){ var column2 = obj.column2; var sum = pieChart3D.sum("#column2#"); var percent = Math.round(column2/sum*100) +"%"; return column2 + " ; " + percent; } }) }

Thanks a lot. You saved me a lot of headache :slight_smile:

Hi,

i have a problem when redefining chart properties for the legend.

Scenario is the following:

1 → create a chart instance
2 → call parse function to load data from a gridbox object

[Result]: a chart incl. legend is created and gets displayed correct

3 → redefine “legend” property “template” to print other values on the legend
4 → call the chart object´s refresh() function

[Result]: a legend gets created with the new settings AND gets printed over the old legend from the first call… :open_mouth:

To get a better understanding of my explaination I attached a screenshot…

Is there any possibility to refresh the legend as well?

Hi,

try using dhtmlxchart.js and dhtmlxchart.css that are attached to the post:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16316

Hi Alexandra,

thank you. The files solved my problem with the agenda, but now i have another one: the chart is not created correct any more …

→ see screenshot (i cut out the values of the legend)

Do you have any ideas?

Hi,

we have recreated the problem locally. Please use attached file instead of the original.
dhtmlxchart.zip (35.1 KB)

Hi Alexandra,

sorry for my late feedback. It works now - thank you!

One last question: Is it possible, that when initializing the chart component from a grid, which has paging activated and multiple pages as data source, the chart doesn´t initialize?
I ask, because i have this problem…

Additional Info: Chart component initializes well, if i click all grid pages through before creating the chart. Maybe this helps for your analyses…

br
Michael

Hi,

do you use dynamic loading ? In this case you may try to use the following:

grid.attachEvent("onXLE",function(){ chart.clearAll(); chart.parse(grid,"dhtmlxgrid"); });

No, i don´t…

Hi Alexandra,

do you know any solution for non-dynamic loading as well…?

br
Michael

Hi,

we need the demo to recreate the problem locally. Please attach it here (do not include dhtmlxgrid_png.js into the demo - it is PRO library).