Re-render grid

I have a grid that has is using a fixed three columns (splitAt(3)) and about another 20 columns on the page. Have the need to change the size of the grid container as on click of a row, a side panel shows up.

In order for the grid to resize properly, i have to reload the data from the server.

As there is a lot of data, this method is prohibitive in user experience and performance, is there a way to tell the grid to redraw given the new size with the data it already has? Have been looking for a re-render or re-draw the grid?

I found examples where I could serialize the data out and then feed it in again, but using v.2.5 build 91111, it says that the method is not available.

Have the need to change the size of the grid container as on click of a row, a side panel shows up.
Do you need to change number of columns at left part of the grid? Or do you need add new rows to the grid?

As there is a lot of data, this method is prohibitive in user experience and performance
but using v.2.5 build 91111, it says that the method is not available.
Which method are you taking about?

Do you need to change number of columns at left part of the grid? Or do you need add new rows to the grid?

Need to resize the grid. e.g. it was 600px wide, now need it to be 300px wide and re render so the scroll bars are showing in correct positions

Which method are you taking about?
Trying the following:
mygrid.setSerializationLevel(true, true);
var myXmlStr = mygrid.serialize();
mygrid.clearAll();
mygrid.loadXMLString(myXmlStr)

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … .html#code

and it says not found.
but that would consume a lot of memory, just want the grid to be told the amount of space you have has changed, re-render yourself.

is there a way to tell the grid to redraw given the new size with the data it already has
If you don’t need change columns width you can just set new width for the grid container. dhtmlxGrid doesn’t have apporopriate method to set new width of the it’s container. You may do it manually

Have the need to change the size of the grid container as on click of a row, a side panel shows up
You try to use dhtmlxLayout extension. Grid can be attached at one of Layout cells, width of the layout cells may be changed with appropriate layout api. Please check example here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … _grid.html
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … izing.html

and it says not found.
Please check if you have attached dhtmlxgrid.js file from the PRO version.