Recurring Event Issue

Hi,

When I started creating recurring events(basic settings) in my calendar POC, I found the following issue and find the details below:

I have Created a new recurring event with the following settings(snapshot #1)
Daily
Every workday
Start Date 7/3/12
Full day
End by 7/8/12

When I open the series back up, I see the following settings:(snapshot # 2)
Weekly
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Start Date 7/3/12
Full day
End by 7/8/12

Edited the event by changing the End by to 7/7/12 and saved(snapshot # 3). System changed the start date on the event to the beginning of the week. Event now has the following settings:(snapshot #4)
Weekly
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Start Date 7/1/12
Full day
End by 7/8/12

As you see, the start date is changed from 7/3/12 to 7/1/12. Also, When I save the every work day option intially, the application is saving rectype with week i.e. week_1___1,2,3,4,5#. Because of this reason, when I open the series, instead of showing every work day and day option, it showing week option with Mon to friday checkboxes selected.

Could you please let me know how recurring option is working and it would be of great help if you share your thoughts and solution to solve this issue.

Regards,
Kamal

Hi,

Could you please review below scenarios and let me know your thoughts to solve this issue.

Regards,
Kamal

Hello,

‘every workday’ type is just a shortcut for monday-friday event, thats why weekly option is getting selected

But the changing of the start_date is a bug, we’ll try to release a fix soon

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have noticed another issue in recurring event creation. Please find the details below:

Entered a recurring event with the following parameters.
Select Monthly
Select Repeat 1 day every 1 month
Select After 4 occurences
Enter Date=September 1 6:00 pm- September 1 9:00 pm
Dates created were 9/1/12, 10/1/12, 11/1/12, 12/1/12, 1/1/13. Should have stopped after 4 occurrences. But it is adding one extra.

I would like to inform you that the recurring event creation seems to be not consistent as I am noticing different issues with different settings of recurring event.

could you please look in to issue and let me know how should I solve this issue.

Thanks again in advance for your support and cooperation.

Regards,
Kamal

Hi Aliaksandr,

For better understanding of recurrence setup, it would be great, if you share any self-explanatory document on recurring options available in scheduler and behavioral/functional aspects of these options and their combinations. Also, How to customize for extending them in future (if required).

Regards,
Kamal

Hello Kamal,
i think the only available documentation about recurring events is these two articles
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ntegration
scheduler-net.com/docs/recurring_events.html

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I hope that you got chance to simulate the above recurring event issue. Could you please let me know your thoughts/views to solve this issue.

Regards,
Kamal

Hi Kamal,
Thank you for the detailed reports, we’ve reproduced this issue.
The bug is confirmed, but unfortunately we can’t provide a hotfix. This bug will be fixed in one of the future updates

Same issue here … has there been an update yet?

I have same problem… When recurring event updated, start_date is changed by system.
I have temporary method to clear this problem.

In dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js file, comment out line below .

[code]
b.start = scheduler.date.week_start(b.start);

[code]

I think…
When recurring event added, this code is not work, and correct start_date is saved.
Only,when recurring event is updated, this code is worked, and start_date is overwrote in week_start.

Regard.

Misaki

Hello,
thank you for the details.
We know about this bug, it will be fixed in the nearest time

I am facing the same issue again, is this updated yet?