renderEvent in Timeline mode

I’m evaluating the dhtmlxScheduler tool and would primarily be using the Timeline mode. However, I think I’m going to need full control over rendering of the events for various purposes. However, after walk through the code, I see that that renderEvent method (described here: docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ts_display) does not actually get called in Timeline mode (unfortunately that is not documented).

I am able to utilize the scheduler.templates.event_class template to add a class to my events however given the dynamic sizing the control utilizes, it’s a bit hard to use css only to fit my event correctly into the available space (for example, if I want my event to fill the entire available vertical space, I can specify a height of say 100%, but that doesn’t work due to the way the event is rendered in that space).

So, my questions:

1.) Is there another way to customize the display of events in Timeline mode?
2.) Is this something that is on the road map?

Hello,

You are right. renderEvent works only for day/week views. We will update documentation.

Remember though that you can not only set up css class but define text content of the element. And there you can pass your own html as well.

scheduler.templates.event_bar_text = function(start_date, end_date, event) {

Kind regards,
Ilya