Rendering with rollup and smart rendering

Hi!

We use the Gantt widget as part of our product. Recently we have used the Roll up feature to render Milestones. We are seeing :

• Some of the Milestones do not appear on the Gantt
  • Milestones flicker when we scroll
  • Also some of the Milestones disappear during the scrolling (though they are very much on the view port)

We ran our use cases with smart rendering off and then the problems disappeared. Is there any known issue for this ?

Regards,
-Shailesh Charati

Hello Shailesh,
Probably, the issue is related to the Gantt configuration, but it is hard to suggest what might be wrong as I don’t see your code.
Please, add your configuration in the following snippet and make sure that the issue is reproduced there:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/38ee1b370
Then, click on the Share button and send me the link.
Or send me a ready demo with all the necessary Javascript and CSS files so that I can reproduce the issue locally.

Hi,

I hope I chose the right section to report a bug.

We use the rollup feature to render multi-tasks in one line on the parent projects and we also use the export module.
I had no problems to export the chart to PDF using the 8.0.1 version of Gantt, but I found this bug with the 8.0.6 version :

During the export preparation when gantt.render() is called after disabling smart_rendering the rollup rendering fails.
I fixed it reactivating smart_rendering on the event onBeforeGanttRender.

I did not find a similar problem in the forum so I wanted to report it.

Regards,
Luna Cinotti

Hello Luna,
Thank you for reporting the bug. We are aware of it, and it will be fixed in the next update.
The issue is reproduced only when you export in the raw mode. If you don’t use it, the data should be exported correctly.

You can also submit a support request to report bugs or ask the questions as the questions on the forum and below the documentation articles have lower priority.
You can find the support email in the letter with the license.