resize in nested tab/layout

I have a tab bar with a layout nested inside. I’ve turned on every option I can find but the layout doesn’t resize when I resize the browser. I think the outer tab object is resizing but I cant be sure since I have it at 100% height and width.

This is my tab code:
tabbar = new dhtmlXTabBar(“tabbar”);
tabbar.setImagePath("/includes/dhtmlx/imgs/");
tabbar.setStyle(“winRound”);
tabbar.setSkinColors("#FFFF80","#FFFEE0");
tabbar.enableAutoReSize(true);
tabbar.enableAutoSize(false,false);
tabbar.enableScroll(false);
tabbar.setMargin(10);
tabbar.setOffset(20);
tabbar.addTab(“find”, “Find”, “100px”);
tabbar.addTab(“label”, “Label”, “100px”);
tabbar.setHrefMode(“ajax-html”);
tabbar.setContentHref(“find”, “inv-find.php”);
tabbar.setContentHref(“label”, “inv-label.php”);
tabbar.setTabActive(“find”);

and this is my layout code:

dhxLayout = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(tabbar.cells("find"), "3l");
	dhxLayout.enableAutoReSize(true);
	dhxLayout.setEffect("resize", true);
	dhxLayout.cells("b").attachURL("inv-receive.php");
	dhxLayout.cells("c").attachURL("inv-shoot.php");

Try to use attachLayout method to attach layout to the tab:

dhxLayout = tabbar.cells(“find”).attachLayout(“3l”);

dhxLayout.setEffect(“resize”, true);
dhxLayout.cells(“b”).attachURL(“inv-receive.php”);
dhxLayout.cells(“c”).attachURL(“inv-shoot.php”);

That doesn"t appear to work. The layout is blank.

Do you think I could resize the layout by catching window resize events and manually forcing layout size?

Hi Guys,

I’ld like to ask my problem.I am not sure it is right place to ask cozs i am brand new member :mrgreen:

Our team is using licence version of DHTMl and the following simple code is working only on firefox …but not in IE 6…how to fix to use in IE?

tabbar=new dhtmlXTabBar(“c_tabbar”,“top”);
tabbar.enableAutoRow(true);
tabbar.setImagePath(“<%=contextpath%>/codebase/imgs/”);
tabbar.setStyle(“modern”);
tabbar.addTab(“View All”, “View All”,“");
tabbar.addTab(“hProfitHProd”, “High Profit High Productivity” , "
”);

In IE…“*” didnt work to auto resize the tab name and showing only first 4 char.eg…view or high…
But firefox is showing as well…

Pls,let me know how to fix it.

Hello Mchahn

That doesn"t appear to work. The layout is blank.

the dhtmlxcontainer.js must be included (the latest tabar version).

Do you think I could resize the layout by catching window resize events and manually forcing layout size?

You can call layout.setSizes() method to calculate the layout sizes after resize.

Hello Thant

In IE…"*" didnt work to auto resize the tab name and showing only first 4 char.eg…view or high…

which tabbar version do you use ? the issue doesn’t occur with the latest one

I am not sure it is right place to ask cozs i am brand new member

It’s better to create a new topic to ask a quesion.

Hello Alexandra,

Thanks for your reply!

which tabbar version do you use ? the issue doesn’t occur with the latest one

Ohhh…that is the point.It is ok now after replacing this one.“dhtmlxTabbar_pro_v12_80319”…First time,i was using super old unlicensed one in my local…thanks you

It’s better to create a new topic to ask a quesion.
[/quote]

Ok…i will create new topic next time…Sorry Mchahn,i was asking the question under ur topic.

Regards,
Thant.

I am now using the dhtmlxcontainer.js from a tabbar download of a few days ago.

According to the documentation, layout.setSizes() is for the case of initializing the layout to an object, but I initialized it to a tab bar container. I would have set the style width and height of the layout object before calling layout.setSizes(), but I found nothing but css classes in the dom and no css id. In any case, layout.setSizes() does nothing.

I was able to set the height and width styles for the tab bar since it had a css id and the tab bar did change size. But the layout inside it didn’t. I am surprised the tab bar doesn’t have a setSizes method.

By the way, when I use the code dhxLayout.enableAutoReSize(true), all the initialization code after that does nothing and any further contents defined are blank. There is no jacascript error.

If I can get past this problem I am planning on buying the professional version.

I gave up on nesting a layout inside a tab. I’ve changed my architecture to nest a tab inside a layout instead, with the layout attached to the browser window. Now everything resizes fine, both the layout and the tabs.

I have a new problem. I can’t get scrolling bars to appear inside my tab container for any of the tabs. Things are just hidden off the bottom. tabbar.enableScroll(true) doesn’t seem to do anything.

I tried putting a div with overflow:auto arround my content inside the tab container, but even that didn’t work, which is a real mystery to me. Scrolling in tabs worked fine when it wasn’t nested inside the layout.

I may be doing something stupid but I don’t know what that could be. Nesting components inside each other always seems to have a problem.

Try to call showInnerScroll method after all tabs are added:

tabbar.showInnerScroll();