Resizing dynamic columns to fix content width.

Hi,

First - thank you very much for your quick and precise replies to my previous queries.

The current challenge is to make a grid with unspecified column widths (), which will
be resizable, and will adjust their width according to the content when the table loaded.
I have tried a few ways to do this, and the only thing that worked is resizable columns
when their width specified with numeric value but not "
". But even then adjust didn’t work.
In my application architecture the configuration of the table is in XML, and JavaScript is
responsible for table initialization and data loading.

How do I achieve the requirements - dynamic-resizable-content-auto-fit-width columns?

JavaScript:
this.grid = new dhtmlXGridObject(“gridContainer”); //gridContainer DIV has width:100% style
this.grid.setImagePath(“codebase/imgs/”);
this.grid.enableColumnAutoSize(true);
this.grid.setSkin(“light”);

this.grid.parse(xmlDoc);
//this loop was used INSTEAD of “afterInit” XML element (see bellow)
for(var columnIndex = 0; columnIndex < this.grid.getColumnCount(); columnIndex++){
    this.grid.adjustColumnSize(columnIndex);
}

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

px

true,true,true,true,true

Regards,
Yuri Mikhel

About afterInit element
    The call tag is equal to the single js command, so to mimic the same command as in js code you need to have

>>I have tried a few ways to do this, and the only thing that worked is resizable columns
>>when their width specified with numeric value but not “".
This is expected behavior, the column marked with "
” can’t have fixed size, it always self-adjusted to fill empty space in grid.
If I understood your requirements correctly, you can define only last column as “*” , while for other columns - some fixed width can be defined. On data loading the columns 0-3 will be adjusted to content size, while last column will take all free space in grid.