Rows are created but no data displayed loading a CSV variabl

I am trying to populate a DHTMLX grid with delimited data from a web service.

I have tried both:
.load(url,“csv”)
and I have tried accessing the service and storing the data in a variable s and using this:
.parse(s,“csv”)

In both case, the rows are created and the grid can scroll, but none of the data is being displayed.

To make sure that it was not an issue with the data, I assigned the variable s to a manually entered string and I am experiencing the same result.

This is the code where I define the grid. This section is not visible at startup and is later attached to layout when a link in an accordion object is clicked.

<div id="divGroupUpdateUsers" style="display: none;">
<center><b>UPDATE USERS</b><BR><BR>
  <div id="divGroupUpdateUsersGrid" style="width:700; height:400px; background-color: white;"></div>
</center>
</div>
<script>
	//Grid for the user edit function under Group Functions
    UserGrid = new dhtmlXGridObject('divGroupUpdateUsersGrid');
	UserGrid.setImagePath("../dhtmlx/dhtmlxgrid/codebase/imgs/");//path to images required by grid
	UserGrid.setHeader("Last Name,First Name,Email,Phone,Fax,Address");//set column names
	UserGrid.setInitWidths("125,125,100,100,100,150");//set column width in px
	UserGrid.setColAlign("left,left,left,left,left,left");//set column values align
	UserGrid.setColSorting("str,str,str,str,str,str");//set sorting
	UserGrid.init();//initialize grid
	UserGrid.setSkin("dhx_skyblue");//set grid skin
	UserGrid.csv.cell = "|"
</script>

The code that is supposed to display the data is:

function Group_UpdateUsers_Show()
{
	dhxLayout.cells("b").detachObject();
	dhxLayout.cells("b").attachObject("divGroupUpdateUsers");
	var url="admin.exe?FUNCTION=ListClientContacts&SESSIONID=12345678901234567890123456789012&COMPID=1064&FORMAT=CSV" 
	UserGrid.clearAll();
	//UserGrid.load(url,"csv");
	var o = dhtmlxAjax.getSync(url);
	var s = o.xmlDoc.responseText;
	UserGrid.parse(s,"csv")
}

The load statement is commented out because I changed to getting the data and storing it in a variable so I could display a message box with the variable data and it is definitely returning data delimited with the | character. I have also tried using the comma as the cell separator and the results are the same.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the issue may be?

Please check if dhtmlxgrid_nxml.js file is attached to your page