Safari support

Version - 1.4 Pro (enterprise), latest build

Despite your advertisements of Safari support, I’ve found support for it, to be blunt, just not there for the tree grid control. Several basic problems:

a) With trees with a single root node, the root is placed at the bottom of the grid. Sorting corrects it.

b) expanding nodes gives an ‘Undefined Value’.

This is not happening with some odd ball dataset I’m coming up with - its happening with your samples: treeGrid_tree.html loads with the ‘Books’ node at the bottom;pro_treeGrid_init.html looks fine, as it has no single root, but the minute you add one, it shows the same behavior. Try to expand a node and you get “Undefined value file:///Users/ronz/src.components/dhtmlxTreeGrid/samples/pro_treeGrid_init.html”.

To top it off, I went to your new documentation/samples page to see if things behaved differently there, and guess what? it doesn’t work in safari. The contents pane is repeated where the samples are supposed to show, and selecting anything in there causes safari to go unresponsive.

I’ve checked user-agent settings and such, and tried it on multiple machines (intel & ppc). All the same.

>>This is not happening with some odd ball dataset I’m coming up with - its happening with your samples:
Can you please provide direct link to sample, or doublecheck it name - the latest package doesn’t contain sample with such name

>>it doesn’t work in safari.
Which version of safari do you use? The �sample browser" was tested and works in both Safari 2.x and Safari 3.x

Please contact us directly ( support@dhtmlx.com ) and provide your ref. number - I will send you updated TreeGrid files which contains some serious fixes for Safari, which may solve described problems as well.