sAVING dATA

I don;t know why i cannot wrap my head around this. If I create a tree or grid with checkboxes, how do I save the data so that the next time I come back it has the checkmark in the box I checked. I am not a programmer but know the concept. Do i just use php? (I am most familiar with this but not with saving data yet) with “get”?

I want to use your tree/table as a todo list. It’s a set list with a thousand or so columns and about300 rows. If I get it to work, I can get my boss to pay up :slight_smile:

Thanks I appreciate any help,

MARK

It’s a set list with a thousand or so columns and about300 rows.
While cout of row is pretty small, the such big count of column will be overkill. Result grid will render very slow for such wide structure.

>>If I create a tree or grid with checkboxes, how do I save the data
In case of grid , you can use dataprocessor or form integration for data saving,
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … 8902236000
the state of checkboxes can be defined in XML, so when user load the same data second time, it can already contain preselected checkboxes from last time.

In case of tree - the list of checked items can be received through js api, but there is no ready to use saving functionality

Also, for both components , state can be serialized back to XML, which will contain checkbox state and can be used to loading , next time when user come back.

This is Great. Really Appreciate it. As far as the 1000 columns, I see your point. Using the Tree+grid would be ideal. I could split it into sub topics. I am working on placing a grids into a tabbed box for now.
Thanks for the info on saving the data. I will read up on it. Great service and product you have hear. I will blog about it soon.

I am working on placing a grids into a tabbed box for now.
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxT … 8908773000

If you are using layout , grids can be attached directly to tabs through
var tb=layout.cells(a).attachTabbar();
tb.addTab(“some”,“text”,“100”);
var grid = tb.cells(“some”).attachGrid();

Great. I will try that. Thanks Again.