Scheduler - Events still clickable through the popup window!

When I double-click an event, I get the lightbox to show as a popup like I should.

However, if there is an event underneath the lightbox, the cursor changes to the hand pointer and if a user double-clicks, lightbox updates to the text of that different event and the shading around the form darkens more. This keeps going and going and going.

When I then click on the Close link on the lightbox, I’m left with an unusable page. I cannot click on anything. I have to hit F5 to refresh.

Is there a way to get the lightbox to be truly modal and not allow events underneath of it to be visible/clickable?

Jerry

The issue wasn’t reproduced locally. Please provide the sample to reproduce it.

Um, not sure I can as it, like most scheduler controls, is data-driven.  I’ll post what code I can:

From the control:

and its codebehind:

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

If Not IsPostBack Then
            Dim strScript As String

strScript = “”

Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType, “startup”, strScript)
        End If
    End Sub

I’ve attached the dhtmlxscheduler .js and .css files (they’ve been modified slightly to customize/tweak them a bit)

I’ve also attached 4 screenshots.

1) The original screen
2) The screen after double-clicking an event in the grid
3) The screen after double-clicking a different event through the popup
4) The screen after clicking Close on the popup.

dhtmlxscheduler.js.zip (22.8 KB)
dhtmlxscheduler.css (9.42 KB)

You have change the scheduler styles - that is the reason for the issue.

Try to set white backgroud color for the textarea in the lightbox. Probably it can solve the issue.

Already tried that but I can’t imagine the color of the textarea would prevent an underlying event from being clickable.  It’s like the pop-up window isn’t modal like it should be.

Hmmm…or perhaps if the popup is visible, the onDblClick should be disabled?

In IE , areas without bg color do not stop events, so event can be processed by lower layer.
We can’t reconstruct the same issue in local samples, so it must be related to custom styling of your solution.

Thanks. I will keep that bgcolor issue in mind in the future.

I was able to workaround it by, essentially, disabling the dbl-click once the lightbox was displayed and re-enabling the dbl-click after closing the lightbox.

Thanks.