Scheduler feature questions

We are evaluating to use the product and have following questions
Ccheduler library:

• no date pickers (all dates I have to type)
  • no indication that the event is either recurring or single
  • inconvenient recurring pattern format like “week_1___1,2,3,4,5#3”
  • getRecDates(master_id, number_of_occurrences) returns only start date and end date, there is no any other method to get occurrence details
  • placeholders in input fields is just a text, so I have to select it and replace with something other

Please help how to resolve the issues. We can also get on call with Technical folks as needed

Hi,

• no date pickers (all dates I have to type)
    There is mini calendar, please check info:
    docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__ … onfig.html
    docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/samples/05_calendar/

• no indication that the event is either recurring or single
    You can add any indication using templates, for example:
    docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/8a65758c
    or change event color by event_class template docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/sampl … oring.html

• inconvenient recurring pattern format like “week_1___1,2,3,4,5#3”
    no any workaround for this.

• getRecDates(master_id, number_of_occurrences) returns only start date and end date, there is no any other method to get occurrence details
    Currently, there is no public method, but you can reuse a private helper for generating an events array - github.com/DHTMLX/scheduler/blo … ng.js#L916
    The arguments are:
    ev - series instance to repeat
    stack - output array, the method will push occurrences into it
    non_render - inner flag that is used by the scheduler
    from - get occurrences from this date
    to - to that date
    maxCount - maximum number of occurrences to generate - it has to be limited since you can have endless series

You can define your own method with a bit more convenient arguments and a return value:

[code]scheduler.getOccurrences = function(id, from, to, maxEvents){
var event = scheduler.getEvent(id);
from = from || event.start_date;// repeat from
to = to || event.end_date;// repeat to
maxEvents = maxEvents || 100;// max number occurrences to generate, needed for endless series

var result = [];

scheduler.repeat_date(event, result, true, from, to, maxEvents);
return result;
};[/code]
usage:

var events = scheduler.getOccurrences(seriesId);

the result array will contain complete event objects. The array will also contain records for deleted instances, you can find them by their rec_type value

for(var i = 0; i < events.length; i++){ if(events[i].rec_type == "none"){ // deleted occurrence }else{ // visible occurrence } }

• placeholders in input fields is just a text, so I have to select it and replace with something other
    Not fully understand. Do you mean input fields in the lightbox? If you want to change any default value, possibly you should change it in a locale object: docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__ … other.html
    If this doesn’t help you to solve the issue, please clarify the question.