Scheduler Touch Devices Problem

Hello,

I am developing a scheduler in which drag and drop is must functionality. I checked the documentation and found that above v3.7 it should work. I have v4 with me.

But the drag drop is not working in my sample on mobile devices. I checked the sample provided by you :

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxS … asic.shtml

This sample can edit, scroll and could do everything. But i could not move the event to any new date with drag drop.

Please help me on this to achieve this task.

Thanks

Ashish

Hello,
try the samples from the latest scheduler package, they can be found here:
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/samples/
Does the issue happens with these examples? If so, what devices did you try?

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. I checked the demo and everything is working fine.

I set the configuration in my page too but still drag and drop is not working.

The link is as follows:

jrgm.biz/ssl/scheduler/t.html

Please check and let me know what I am missing in this?

Thanks

Hello,
it seems like custom event box causes an issue with touch-drag. On long-tap the component checks if the target has ‘dhx_body’ class and initializes drag-move if so.
Try to add this class to the custom event div

[code] scheduler.renderEvent = function (container, ev) {
var container_width = container.style.width;

var html = "<div class='dhx_event_move my_event_move' style='width: " + container_width + "'></div>";

html += "<div class='my_event_body'>";[/code]to:

[code] scheduler.renderEvent = function (container, ev) {
var container_width = container.style.width;

var html = "<div class='dhx_event_move my_event_move' style='width: " + container_width + "'></div>";

html += "<div class='my_event_body dhx_body'>";[/code]

you’ll have to overwrite default style of dhx_body element:.my_event .dhx_body{ background-color: transparent; }

Thank you.

It worked very well. Now one more thing, I want to change the message which is shown in the Div “Drag to move”. How can I achieve this easily. Please let me know.

Thank you again.

Hi,
you can override locale variables:

scheduler.locale.drag_to_move = "custom message"; scheduler.locale.drag_to_create = "custom message";

Hi,

I wrongly asked the question. As you have seen my example. When I am dragging any event it is showing me time. Instead of time I want to show column header i.e. name of person. Please let me know how this can be possible?

Thanks

Currently this logic is hardcoded, you can change it only by code modification ( scheduler._update_global_tip method in the dhtmlxscheduler.js file )