Scrolling disables cell edit

When our grid has enough data to scroll through, scrolling quickly will cause the grid to disable editing (dhtmlxTreeGrid_pro_v16_80512).

Example:

I scroll by dragging the scroll bar with my mouse. I see that the data is refreshed (white on grid area, followed by data refresh)

I click on a cell (or press F2) but the clicked cell no longer turns color (selected) or opens for editing.

Is this an implementation problem or a software bug?

Michael Lindeboom

Manager

Enterprise Web Applications

Bristol-Myers Squibb

Please be sure that all loaded rows has correct and unique ID values. The only way to break row selection functionality ( such as in your case ) - use non-unique IDs in the grid.
If loaded data is correct and has unique IDs, but issue still occurs - please provide js snippet of initialization code, used in problematic case.

We have recreated the issue. I am attaching the js code. The js will rely upon dhtmlxTreeGrid_pro_v16_80512.
jes.zip (13.1 KB)

>>I click on a cell (or press F2) but the clicked cell no longer turns color (selected)

When you are open cell’s editor it doesn’t save background-color of the selected cell. To set background-color for the cell in the edit mode you can do the following:

mygrid.attachEvent(“onEditCell”,function(stage,rowId,cellIndex){

if (stage==1){// if cell’s editor is open

this.editor.obj.style.backgroundColor=“red”;

}

return true;

})

Or you can implement custom eXcell type. Please see more information here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … #grid_cexc

You replied::Please be sure that all loaded rows has correct and unique ID values. The only way to break row selection functionality ( such as in your case ) - use non-unique IDs in the grid. 
If loaded data is correct and has unique IDs, but issue still occurs  - please provide js snippet of initialization code, used in problematic case. 

Please look at the attached code from my earlier post. If you execute the code and scroll through the large data sample, editing a cell is no longer possible. I am not worried about changing the color of the cell.

Why is cell editing “broken” after I have scrolled enough to require a data refresh?