Seeking .NET help / samples

I have downloaded and tried to work a bit with dhtmlxGrid. However, I can’t seem to find any information or samples on the scenario that I need the Grid for. I have tried the .NET samples and used the Connector and the DataProcessor but I need to work with data not provided from a database directly.

What I’m looking for is information or samples on how to (if at all possible with this grid) load data from an universal/unknown data source, add the data to a DataSet (code-behind) and then bind this dataset to the grid (through manually generated xml or whatever).

So far I’ve been able to do this, but obviously I need to make the changes made to the data in the grid travel back to me so that I can update the data source.

If anyone can confirm that this is even possible and give some information or samples on how this could be achieved it would be much appresiated.

Ok I seem to have found most of the answers myself this time around, however, once a row has been updated the updated row(s) remains in bold text fomat.

How do I tell that grid that the rows has been successfully updated and that it can put the text format back to normal?

How do I tell that grid that the rows has been successfully updated and that it can put the text format back to normal?

If you are using dhtmlxConnector this should be default behavior. Row will be formated back you client side receives correct response from the server side. In case of insert operation it should be

<data> <action type="insert" sid="some" tid="some" /> </data>

To check which responses doesn’t dhtmlxDataProcessor send and receive to should attach dhtmlxdataprocessor_debug.js file to your page. You will see DataProcessor debug panel
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … debug_mode

Also try to enable server side loggin and check if any issues occurs on server sidehttp://docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id= … nd_logging

I know that DataProcessor can do this on it’s own (IF communicating with its server-side brother), but, that is only an option if the data source is a database (for the .net connector a MSSQL2005/2008 database) from what I understand (files are out of the question).

The data I need to handle in the grid doesn’t come from a database which means that I need to “get in between” the DataProcessor and the actual data source.
Therefore I am not using the server-side DataProcessor for anything, only the client-side DataProcessor.

So, I am retrieving the data from the data source and building the XML that the client-side DataProcessor wants and it presents the data in the grid like it should.

When data in the grid is changed and the client-side DataProcessor sends the parameters back, I grab the information and perform the actual update on the data source.

All this works fine, only the client-side DataProcessor apparently doesn’t know that the data actually got updated successfully, because the update was performed by me and not by the server-side DataProcessor.

*** So, how do I tell the client-side DataProcessor, that the update was a success?

I assume it must lay somewhere in the XML returned to it after an action has been performed.
And if so, is there a place where I can see some samples of the types of action responses the client-side DataProcessor expects from actions?

All this works fine, only the client-side DataProcessor apparently doesn’t know that the data actually got updated successfully, because the update was performed by me and not by the server-side DataProcessor.

There is no server-side DataProcessor. DataProcessor is a fully client side extension. If you are using custom server side code, after was updated you should send following responce to the client side:

<data> <action type="insert" sid="some" tid="some" /> </data>

DataProcessor documentation is available here docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … cessor:toc

You can check working examples here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … processor/

Also try to include dhtmlxdataprocessor_debug.js file to your page. You will see DataProcessor debug panel docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … debug_mode