Select event when OnMouseOver

Hi,

I would like to be able to select event (make it that big as it happens when event is selected by left mouse click) when mouse first appears over an event. The reason for it is that we sometimes have events that last quite short time and some events that take quite long time and events are one after another. This would benefit to overall readability.

I searched this forum and found some clues here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13173&p=38657&hilit=mouse#p38657
and
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ousemove&s

but I do not know which object to use as I have scheduler object and not view object or those links are misleading and I need to do something completelly different.

Is this possible to be done in some easy way? I found in API method select. That should probably do the job when event is catched…

Thank you

BR
Zdenek

something like next may work

scheduler.attachEvent("onMouseMove", function(id){ if (id) scheduler.select(id); return true; });

Great,

it works like charm!!! Thank you.

I have encountered another problem. When there are for example 3 events that take 5 minutes and I select first one and than last one the middle one is hidden forever as it was hidden by previously selected event. It is like lost. I can see it when I change day and go back as whole page is repainted.

Is it possible to fix this to somehow hook when other event is deselected to repaint whole page?

Second question is if it is possible to define somehow number of minimum selected event rows as default is 1 row? I would like to to define this programatically based on event data.

Thank you in advance

BR
Zdenek

if it is possible to define somehow number of minimum selected
Can be defined only for all events

scheduler.xy.min_event_height = 60;

Is it possible to fix this to somehow
It will be rather CPU consuming to repaint whole view on each deselection

OK thank you,

I use this code:
scheduler.attachEvent(“onMouseMove”, function(id) {
if (id) {
if (lastEventId != id) {
scheduler.render_view_data();
lastEventId = id;
scheduler.select(id);
}
}
return true;
});
Response is slower I must admit, but it is done only once when needed and it must be done… :frowning:

I will try this minimum maximum setting.

thise scheduler.xy.min_event_height = 60; cannot be changed like this directly in code? It is used only once during initialization?
scheduler.attachEvent(“onMouseMove”, function(id) {
if (id) {
if (lastEventId != id) {
scheduler.render_view_data();
lastEventId = id;
scheduler.xy.min_event_height = getEvent(id).dto.height;
scheduler.select(id);
}
}
return true;
});

BR
Zdenek

scheduler.xy.min_event_height used each time when event rendering ( if you change it and repaint view - new min_height will be applied ), but it is global settings, so there is no good point to change it to apply for some specific event only