#select_filter display undesired values for Excells link col

Dear DHTMLX Support Team,

#select_filter display values for columns containing Excells links in the format of “value^link”, which is not desired. It should be in the format of “value” only.

To replicate this issue, please follow the steps below:

Version: DTHMLX 3.6
Internet Explorer v10
Component: DHTMLX grid.

1. Decompress the RAR file attached to this issue ticket.
  2. Open the index.html. I use IE 10
  3. Click open the select dropdown under the column header Ticker.
  4. Notice that it is displaying choices in the select dropdown in the format of “value^link” and this is not desired.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue described above. Many thanks.
Complete Demo excell link filter select.rar (275 KB)

Unfortunately this is the expected behavior.

Please, have a look at the following post for a solution:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13441

Dear DHTMLX Support Team,

Thank you so much for the quick response and I really appreciate it.

I’m using the latest DHTMLX v.3.6 build 130417. I can’t believe that this issue still exists since it was first reported 3 years ago in May 2010. The temporary solution provided by Olga on May 28, 2010 at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13441 doesn’t work for us because we have tens of thousands of rows of data with paging enabled and view performance is very important to us. Olga’s solution only removes the extra information for data on the current page and we still see “value^link^_default” for the rest of the data not on the currently visible page in the select filter dropdown.

The ability for #select_filter drop down of a link column displaying values only is a very important feature to our clients. Displaying dropdown options in the format of “value^link^_blank” isn’t professional and is unacceptable! It definitely hurts our business to tell our clients that they cannot use filter dropdown on link columns.

We are still evaluating your product and it has been a success. I really hope this simple issue won’t be a show stopper for us for too long.

Many thanks.

Please, try to use the following code:

[code] mygrid.attachEvent(“onCollectValues”, function(column){
if (mygrid._ignore_collector) return true;
mygrid._ignore_collector = true;

var values = mygrid.collectValues(column);
for (var i=0; i<values.length; i++)
values[i] = (values[i]).split("^")[0];

mygrid._ignore_collector = false;
return values;
});[/code]

This solution works perfectly. Thank you!