Selecting Single cell in grid

I have just spent the last 6 hours going crazy!!!

I have a grid that works like a simple calendar: down the left I have names, across the top I have working days. In the crossing cells I have a simple summary for that person that day (e.g. 08:30-15:15 (5) which means busy from 8.30 to 15.15 with 5 tasks)

I then want to click the cell, and in a seperate grid below “drill down” to the detail for that person, that day.

I have tried every possible event, changinging the class of the selected cell, etc, but I cant find a solution.

The closest I got was this:

pvdGrid.attachEvent("onRowSelect",function(id,ind){
	var cell=pvdGrid.cells(id,ind).cell;
	if (cell!=oldDetCell){
		if (oldDetCell) oldDetCell.className="";
		cell.className="mySelCell"; 
		oldDetCell=cell;
	}
	return true;
});

Which assigns “mySelCell” class to the selected cell, but it has two drawbacks

1. The orange band of the selected row overrides any background setting of the mySelCell class, even if you set it to !important
  2. If you try to select the next on the same row the event doesn’t trigger because it is an “onRowSelected” event!!

I cant find any other events (no mouseDown, mouseUp, click, etc can be implemented)

Please help!

1. The orange band of the selected row overrides any background setting of the mySelCell class, even if you set it to !important

you need remove the background image before setting the background color.
Foe example:
div.gridbox_dhx_skyblue table.obj.row20px tr.rowselected td{
background-image:none;
}
div.gridbox_dhx_skyblue table.obj tr.rowselected td.cellselected{
background-image:none;
}

1. If you try to select the next on the same row the event doesn’t trigger because it is an “onRowSelected” event!!

That issue is already fixed. Please, try to update the version of dhtmlxGrid. Or you can open ticket at support.dhtmlx.com so we can provide you a fixed file.

I am having this same problem:

Sematik mentioned that this is fixed. I am using v.4.0.3 Standard edition. Should I be having this problem? I am trying to create a “button”, but it won’t fire the event if I’ve already clicked on the row, just like described here.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately the issue cannot be reproduced locally.
If the problem still occurs for you please, provide with a demo link or a complete demo, where the issue can be reconstructed.
Here you can find a tutorial about creating a complete demo:
docs.dhtmlx.com/tutorials__auxil … pport.html