set limit_start and limit_end with same date drag fails

Hi,

I want to restrict the date range to be seen to a single day, so I set limit_start and limit_end with the same date, but the change comes with a side effect - drag-n-drop doesn’t work anymore.

Any ideas on how can I restrict the date range but at the same time allow drag-n-drop?

Thanks,

Hi,
can you show your code, how exactly did you set in to the same date?

If the values of start and end dates are equal, the calendar will be locked (as there is no editable time). Try setting one date to the start of available day, and another - to the end of day

Thanks for the reply!

I have the following initialization code:

schedulerInstance.config.limit_start = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014");
	schedulerInstance.config.limit_end = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014");

Thus the date range will be a single day, in that case I want to drag-n-drop to change the start/end time of particular appointment of that single day. Is that possible.

Are you suggesting that I include the time in the date as well to solve the issue?

Thanks,

I also found that if the date range acrosses multiple days when you navigate to the last day the appointment on that day cannot be moved as well.

Is this the same issue or by design?

Thanks,

anyone?

schedulerInstance.config.limit_start = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014"); schedulerInstance.config.limit_end = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014"); With the code you provided, both start and end date points to the exact same date-time, which means that editable date range has zero duration (whole calendar is locked).
If you want to specify a one-day date range, first date must be set at start of a day, and the second one - on the end of a day

“If you want to specify a one-day date range, first date must be set at start of a day, and the second one - on the end of a day”

what do you mean by that? include the time as well like:

schedulerInstance.config.limit_start = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:00:00 AM"); schedulerInstance.config.limit_end = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:00:00 PM");

Thanks,

schedulerInstance.config.limit_start = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:00:00 AM"); schedulerInstance.config.limit_end = new Date("Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:00:00 PM");

Just tried the above code and it worked, thanks!