setCollapsedText for cell in a Layout WITHIN another Layout?

How do I setCollapsedText for a cell in a Layout WITHIN another Layout?

I have played with various layout(cellid, text) combinations for my various layout and cells, but I can’t seem to find the right one.

I have a UI that has layouts within layouts and I need to set the Collapsed Text on a cell in a Layout that is attached to another layout (actually 3 deep)

code snippets…

dashboard.layout.dhxLayout = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(document.body, “2E”);
dashboard.layout.headerPanel = dashboard.layout.dhxLayout.items[0];
dashboard.layout.contentTabPanel = dashboard.layout.dhxLayout.items[1];

dashboard.layout.headerLayout = dashboard.layout.headerPanel.attachLayout(“2U”);

dashboard.layout.contentTabs = dashboard.layout.contentTabPanel.attachTabbar();
dashboard.layout.contentTabs.addTab(“jobsTab”,“Jobs”,150);

the tab goes on to attach another layout that finally contains the cell I need to manipulate.

See my attached demo - i made for you a sample.
layout_collapsed.zip (42.9 KB)

Thank you for your demo - unfortunately, I tried it in FireFox and IE and the cells fail to set Title text when they are collapsed?

From the code, I’d expect cell a to have “123” but it is blank when collapsed?

intab.setCollapsedText(“a”,"<div style=“display: block;writing-mode: tb-rl;-webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);-ms-transform: rotate(-90deg);-o-transform: rotate(-90deg);transform: rotate(-90deg);”>123");

Sorry, forgot to appropriate to the cell “A” name “123”

So, my co-worker figured it out…

The default font color for the layout happens to be the same color as the default title bar color. So, it was working, but we just couldn’t see it! Overriding the style to fix.

Not sure if this will happen to everybody or if it is just a rare combination of default styles. I think we are using the web layout and both the bar and font ended up being grey…

So, change all styles you need…