smart_rendering & smart_scales configs in resourceTimeline

Hello,

It seems that these 2 aren’t taken into account in that section of the layout because I notice a performance decrease when there are many resource rows which aren’t displayed while those shouldn’t affect performance with smart rendering & scales activated by definition.

=> Could you let us know whether those config items are used in the resourceTimeline or not?
=> If not, could you please let us know in what future release it would be so?

Hello,
It is a known issue that performance tweaks do not work with the resource chart. The dev team investigates how it can be fixed… Now, as a workaround you can collapse the resources that you don’t use and performance will increase.

How would one collapse the currently non-visible resources lines?

Or assuming that this information isn’t available: if I move a task it only affects one resource line. How could I remove all the others and add them back after the task has been dragged?

Hello,
I mean that you can collapse resource parents so the resources won’t be visible:
prntscr.com/ke6kml
That will reduce the amount of cells displayed in the chart.

There is no built-in feature to hide all resources except one. And unfortunately, even if you try hiding all resource elements, Gantt will repaint it again because Gantt updates all resource timeline when something changes in the regular timeline.
But you can hide the whole resource chart while dragging a task:

[code]gantt.attachEvent(“onBeforeTaskDrag”, function(id, mode, e){
document.getElementsByClassName(“gantt_layout”)[2].style.display = ‘none’
return true;
});

gantt.attachEvent(“onAfterTaskDrag”, function(id, mode, e){
document.getElementsByClassName(“gantt_layout”)[2].style.display = ‘initial’
});[/code]
Here is a snippet demonstrating how it works:
snippet.dhtmlx.com/98d133a26

NB : In many cases, hiding the resource timeline while rescheduling a task defeats the whole purpose of that timeline, since it is used to decide where to drop the task according to the resource availability…

Hello everyone,
The dev team improved the performance for the resource chart.
Please wait until we release 6.0.0 version.

still no smart_rendering in resource panel.