Some dificult with trees

Hello guys,

I’m having some problems to learn the dhtmlx Tree.

I need to create a Tree that follow some restrictions, and that same Tree needs to support Drag and Drop and the nodes will be adding with script.

The problem is: I have 4 types of data. 3 types have to be parent nodes, they can be reordened but one can’t be put inside other node. The other type is only child, can be put only inside the 3 other nodes but never between they. They can be ordered too. Like this:

Type1

|_____Type4.1.1

|_____Type4.1.2

Type2

|_____Type4.2.1

Type3

So I can put the Type3 between Type1 and Type2, Type4.1.1 only inside Type2 or Type3, but never in the same level, it means that type4 never can have childs.

I need to know how put the on drop and move item methods to reorder and control what node can be put inside the other, and need to know how can I differentiate the type of the nodes.

Thank’s!

how can I differentiate the type of the nodes.You can use two ways to store additional data�userdata� � � � tree.setUserData(id,“type”,“typeA”);cell ( pro only, dhtmlxtree_attrs.js )� � � �tree.setAttribute(id,“type”,“typeA”)>>I need to know how put the on drop and move item methods to reorder and control�You can use onDrag event for such purposetree.attachEvent(“onDrag”,function(sid,tid){� �var stype = tree.getUserData(sid,“type”)� �var ttype = tree.getUserData(tid,“type”)// here you have types for both source and target items, you can use any custom rules here and return true when d-n-d must be allowed and false, when it must be blocked.�});

Ok, done.
But I can’t reorder the nodes yet… Any sugestion??
My code is:
function tondrag(id,id2){    if((tree.getUserData(id,“info”)==“visit”)&&((tree.getUserData(id2,“info”)==“route”)||(tree.getUserData(id2,“info”)==“veiculo”)||(tree.getUserData(id2,“info”)==“noAlocated”)))     return true;    else     return false;     };     tree=new dhtmlXTreeObject(“treeboxbox_tree”,“100%”,“100%”,0);   tree.setImagePath("…/…/codebase/imgs/csh_yellowbooks/");   tree.enableDragAndDrop(true);   tree.loadXML(“treeTeste.xml”);      tree.setDragHandler(tondrag);

By default tree uses “drag-as-child” mode , which not very useful in your case.�You can switch to “complex” mode� � � tree.setDragBehavior(“complex”); // pro version requiredIn such mode d-n-d allows to drop as child or as sibling, based on drag position.�The tondrag now will receive 3 parameters , third one is a sibling ID (null if item droped as child), which can be used to customize drop rules, when source ID and target ID is not enough.

So to add this functionality in my application I will need of the professional edition.
There’s no problem, but I need to have the sure that it will work for my necessity. I was using another API called RIALTO and after the job done, she had a huge performance problem. So I’m looking for others and making some tests.
There’s another way to evaluate this before buy the DHTMLX? I will understand if this won’t be possible.
Anyway, thank’s for the help.

There’s no problem, but I need to have the sure that it will work for my necessityIf you plan to use PRO version, and need to test its functionality - contact us at herehttp://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … 3974471000