SpreadSheet Help - Getting Started

I’m having a heck of a time. I get the package uploaded and extract the files, create the database, use the database connection tool, and load the 04_usage_key_full_access.html page and create a small spreadsheet with 100 rows and 4 columns.

I enter 4 or 5 items into the spread sheet, and save it.

I open the 05_usage_key_read_only.html page and it looks fine. (this is the way I intend to use the app, with a public viewable page and an admin area where the admin can edit the full access page)

I go back to the 04_usage_key_full_access.html page, enter a few more items, save the sheet, open the read only, and it never loads. I go back to the full access page and it never loads. IE shows both pages as Done, but with errors on page.

I have deleted/created the database numerous times, reextracted the files, renamed the sample pages, and done everything I can think of but keep having the same problem.

I will post a link to the site if anyone wants to look at it, and if anyone is willing to help I’ll share the FTP or control panel login via email.

This app is EXACTLY what I am looking for, and it is for a website for a local ALS support group and the sheet is a list of items to be loaned, like wheelchairs, so any help would be greatly appreciated by many people who can use all the help they can get.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi,
could you provide link to your spreadsheet page (I guess public read-only page would be enough).

Yes, THANK YOU.

The link is
alsso.org/equipment/equipment/read_only.html

I also startd a new sheet here:
alsso.org/equipment/samples/05_u … _only.html

You are welcome to use the full access as well:
alsso.org/equipment/samples/04_u … ccess.html

In the working sheet in the first link, I was adding items one at a time and saving the sheet.
I got 31 items entered, and then Bam, no load and error on page.

The error is:
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) )
Timestamp: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:51:10 UTC

Line: 1878
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: alsso.org/equipment/codebase/spr … hp?load=js

There is one thing that has occured to me. The list I am inputting has some punctuation, such as Ramps, 10’, 1 pair; (loaned to Jenny)
Could an apostrophe or semicolon in the data be breaking it?

Anyway, ANY help will be appreciated. This script is EXACTLY what these nice people want.

Hi,
please, contact us directly at support [at] dhtmlx.com and ask to provide updated standalone spreadsheet version. It includes fix for this issue. Maybe you will need to clear database table with data to get it to work after updating.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

This fixed the problem and it works PERFECTLY!!!

Thank You!!!1