SpreadSheet v2.0 beta is available!

Being able to adjust row height would be really useful. Also, I am using this on a Wordpress site and need two different spreadsheets with different content. However, when I make the second one it duplicates the first and any changes ripple through. Is there any way to stop this and create two completely separate spreadsheets?

Thanks.

Hi Justine,

Yes had the same problem and Radyno kindly pointed out to using different IDs.

[[spreadsheet?&id=1]]
[[spreadsheet?&id=2]]

etc.

Hi, Justine!

Unfortunately there is no way to implement it for now.

Hi! I’ve installed the plug-in and everything works great thus far. The only problem I’ve encountered is that the spreadsheet is read-only for guests. I want everyone to be able to edit it… how do I go about this? Sorry for the stupid question :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback.
To enable editing spreadsheet to everyone you should open file spreadsheet_data.php (wp-content/plugins/spreadsheet/ for Wordpress or plugins/content/spreadsheet/ for Joomla) and to modify it like here:

$conn = new GridCellConnector($res, $table_prefix."dhx_");
if (!isset($available_to[$usertype]) || $available_to[$usertype] == false)
	$conn->set_read_only(true);
$conn->render();

Hi radyno,

Can I pick your brains?

How would I hide the column headers and also the export to pdf and excel when a user isn’t logged in?

Thanks

Hi Didi!
Unfortunately there is no way to hide column headers.
To disable showing export buttons in readonly mode update file codebase/dhtmlxspreadsheet.js from attachment, please.
dhtmlxspreadsheet.zip (10.4 KB)

Thanks radyno, that’s great.
Where should I flag up bugs etc. for the 2.0 beta is there a separate thread or shall I email them in?

You may create new topic in this forum with bug details.

dbruce, please, update file from attachment.
spreadsheet_data.zip (1.53 KB)

I replaced the existing spreadsheet_data.php with the one in the attachment… it’s still not working :frowning:

Hello,

Thank you for this new update.

However, it seems no more possible to export data in a Excel file or PDF. This causes a big regression for my use.

By the way, is there any solution to insert a row ?

Regards

B.

Oups, just forgot my previous post. Export to Excel is still working. I forgot you just need not to be connected as admin.

However, I still have the question concerning row insertion.

B.

Finally, I was right… The export button does not appear when using admin account, not the configuration button…

… and the export to Excel does not work at all… My goodness, it seems this plugin has been released without any test… and now I’m stuck with a big regression… great.

Hi BHuck67,
Unfortunately there is no way to insert a row.

Could you provide line to your spreadsheet?
Please, describe more in details how export doesn’t work. Export button doesn’t appear at all? Export process fails at server side? Any other problems?

Thank you for your prompt answer but I definitely uninstalled the plugin.

B.

Hope you’ll change your opinion.
We are trying to make our product better so your feedback is important for us.
Is there any other problems (excluding export to excel and inserting row) which didn’t get you to use a plugin as you planned?

I’m really sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do I do with the part thats commented in?

//if (!isset($available_to[$usertype]) || $available_to[$usertype] == true)
// $conn->set_read_only(true);

In official release this two lines aren’t commented. If you want to enable editing for everyone then you should comment them.