sql query give error

Hello,

i want to give sql query like this but when i write php code in render sql like “’”.$head."’" then it give me error and doen’t show me the records

can u please tell me wht i do pleas4e see the else part of query and show me the actual query so i will show the data

$sql = mysql_query(“SELECT headName from dummyHead WHERE projID=’”.$_REQUEST[‘projid’]."’ GROUP BY headName");

echo $countDummy = mysql_num_rows($sql);

if($countDummy<=0)

{

$grid->render_sql(“select * from shot,shotTaskArtist where shotTaskArtist.projID=shot.projID and shot.projID=’”.$_REQUEST[‘projid’]."’ and shotTaskArtist.shotID_new=shot.shotID order by shot.shotID asc",“shot_task_id”,“checkEfficiency,overDue,difficulty,shotID_new,shotStatus,taskID,TaskREF,task_note,manDays,userID,taskStatus,startDate,endDate,task_priority,actualMandays,supervisorName”);

}

else {     

$head = “”;

while($rows = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {

$head = $rows[‘headName’];

}

$grid->render_sql(“select * from shot,shotTaskArtist where shotTaskArtist.projID=shot.projID and shot.projID=’”.$_REQUEST[‘projid’]."’ and shotTaskArtist.shotID_new=shot.shotID order by shot.shotID asc",“shot_task_id”,“checkEfficiency,overDue,difficulty,shotID_new,shotStatus,taskID,TaskREF,task_note,manDays,userID,taskStatus,startDate,endDate,task_priority,actualMandays,supervisorName,’”.$head."’");

}

regards

Suraj

a) The $head must be a comma separated list, but in your case it just the last fetched value
b) You need not use single commas in the command, just use
,supervisorName,".$head.");