Strange behavior ...

Hello,
I’m using the Scheduler version 1.3 (last update Dec 16,2009) within a Joomla website. Installation went perfect. PHP used is version 5. The issues are as follows:

1. “Allow user’s group to edit events”: only the selection of “Not registered users” was able to do the editing; all other possibilities results in not-able-to-edit.

2. Closing the Scheduler Manager with the “Save” icon/button does activate the saving of the data, but doesnot close the page. It can only be exited with the adjacent "Cancel’ button.

Please advise - thank you!
Wiet

Are you using some extensions which can alter user roles and their management?
Scheduler-for-Joomla uses default roles , and most probably will not work with customized user management solutions.

2. Closing the Scheduler Manager with the "Save" icon/button does activate the saving of the data, but doesnot close the page. It can only be exited with the adjacent "Cancel' button.

This is sounds as a bug during saving.
Which browser you are using in the problematic case?
Can you provide a demo link where issue can be reconstructed?

Hi Stan,

Thanks for responding.
About the editing-rights: No, I’m not using special extensions which can alter those paramters - in fact, I’ve tried it within a clean-Joomla installation with the embedded example-data.
But … in discussion with a friend-web builder, he came up with the following possibility:
The Scheduler is in fact a ‘Frontline’ component - so, I have to do alterations on the frontend, using a log-in entry which regulates the granted users.
So far I’ve always working in the backend, with the said problem as a result.
What do you think … is this a possible explanation for the issue?

Regarding the second issue: we tried it with IE7, FF 3.6, Chrome 4.1
They all does the same thing: updates the modified data - but doesnot close the Scheduler page. Again: this happened all at the backend.
This one we do not have a clue … .

Regards, Wiet

What do you think … is this a possible explanation for the issue?
Not quite sure, but we will do additional testing locally

Regarding the second issue: we tried it with IE7, FF 3.6, Chrome 4.1
Please try to do the next
a) grag the latest scheduler
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxS … eduler.zip

replace
com_sheduler/codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.js with the same file from the above package

Hi Stan,

About issue “user-rights”: it’s solved!
We have done some experiments and the outcome is indeed: you have to login at the Frontend as a rightful-granted user (defined at Backend) to do the Scheduler editing. This is a proven fact.

Regarding issue-2, Save and not closing the Scheduler parameters page: using the latest dhtmlxscheduler.js doesnot solve the problem.

Regards,
Wiet