Styles for setting z-index for dhtmlxwindows

Specified these styles for the windows z-index. But windows still come up under elements on my page.

[code]
div.dhtmlx_window_active {
z-index: 999999;
}
div.dhtmlx_window_inactive {
z-index: 999999;
}

[/code]

Where do I specify z-index for dhtmlxwindows?

To manipulate Z-index of your (the most top) window you can use methods stick()/unstick():

stick()

dhxWins.window(id).stick();

unstick()

dhxWins.window(id).unstick();

stick() makes your window under than all elements on your page:
stick/unstick sample

And use unstick() if you don’t need this.

In my page I must specify the z-index. stick/unstick still causes the window to be under other page elements. That is the css style for the window for dhx-web? This is not about the window appearing on top of other windows. This is about on what layer on my page the windows appear. So I must set the z-index.

When the window gets to focus - it regulates the z-index itself. But I can offer you use of a private (not supported) approach:

When your window cames to focus you can get z-index:

dhxWins.attachEvent("onFocus", function(win){ var zIndex = win.zi; });

To set z-index you can use the next:

win.style.zIndex = 100;

win.style.zIndex = 100;

This does not set the z-index. If I specify a high z-index number 999999 this does not place the window above the other layers of my page as shown in the picture. The text on the layers under cover the window.

In that case send us a completed demo, please:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=othe … leted_demo

Style of dhtmlx modal is not a css style but a inner element that is write as …style = “z-index: 1000; left: 76.05px; top: 37.3px; width: 1368.9px; height: 335.7px; cursor: default;” …
in this case you shoud change it using regex and jquery
you can find my code on
https://gitlab.com/hbagheri/dhtmlx_set_highest_zIndex
just add the javascript/jquery code to your page it will set modal z-index to the highest of the html page. :wink: