Styling for Suite 6?

How can we change the styles for Suite 6.0 like we could for previous versions? I want my web app to have a more “traditional” look like “sky-blue” or “web” from version 5. Right now, I see no documentation on how this is done.

Also, there are no “guides” or “getting started” tutorials for v. 6 that I can find.

Hi,

So far we don’t have predefined skins for DHTMLX Suite 6.0

The style customization is more easy though, we can provide a full source of skin styling which contains a core css file with a lot of variables, they control global styling across all widgets, and changing any of them and recompiling the css code will allow to create a your own skin with easy.

If you need to change styling of a separate component, the full sources code contains a separate css file per widget, so you can change the specific one, without affecting any other widgets.

Hello @Stanislav, in your post you mention the full source code. I am a user of the GPL version. In version 5 of the suite we had a folder with the code and styles of each component in a separate folder but in version 6 only the “codebase” and “samples” folders appear. Is this intentional for the GPL version in the new version?

I have been thinking of taking the file “suite.js” and separating each module, then taking all the javascript code to typescript, also doing the same with suite.css, but this is a lot of work without mentioning the errors that I could introduce myself and the need to repeat the process with each update. For many reasons it would be great to have the original source code in this format. The suite.js file contains readable code but is a bundle generated by Webpack. For many reasons it would be great to have each component separately. For example, this would allow us to import only the components we need instead of the entire library.

Could the sources folder appear again for the GPL version that can be downloaded from the DHTMLX page?:pray::pray::pray:

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately we’re not planning to provide the “splitted” sources for the dhtmlxsuite components, due to the complex structure of these components.

Hi @sematik, thanks for your answer.

What I really want in the future is to be able to:

• Add new custom features to the suite if I need it, it is much more comfortable to work with the content of the source folder.
  • Build my own version of the library by modifying or adding new modules.
  • To compile the library using @babel/plugin-transform-runtime and remove some helpers that are repeated in multiple modules such as __extends, __assign, etc.
  • Keep a useful repository in Github updated. This is not actively maintained.

I have spent the last weeks studying the code and have accumulated a little experience on how things are handled. I’ve also been watching how some bugs are fixed, it’s interesting. Also, the original directory structure can be found in some modules that include this information.

Since the code is released under the GPL license this would allow users to modify it and distribute these modifications under the GPL license, so it is possible to rebuild the directory structure or create your own and reverse the transpilation of some modules back to Typescript, but as I said, this can be a bit laborious. There are currently about 200 modules within suite.js. The code in suite.js is not entirely obfuscated, so there may not be an advantage in not distributing the source folder as in previous versions. This is a regression with respect to the previous version.

What does “the complex structure of these components” really mean? If you tell me: “we have the policy of not supplying the source folder for the GPL version” I would understand.

The question arises with the comment of @Stanislav :

He says:

“the full sources code contains a separate css file per widget”

But where can I find a css file for each widget? Thanks in advance

PD: I think I’ve been too insistent with this, excuse me if that’s the case

Thank you for your feedback.

Keep a useful repository in Github updated. This 1 is not actively maintained.

the problem is confirmed. We’ve updated the repository to the actual aversion of the dhtmlxSuite:

In version 5 of the suite we had a folder with the code and styles of each component in a separate folder but in version 6 only the “codebase” and “samples” folders appear. Is this intentional for the GPL version in the new version?

In dhtmlxSuite 5 separate sources we’re available only in PRO version of the dhtmlxSuite. According to our current plans we’re planning to achieve the similar approach in the dhtmlxSuite 6. So the separated sources will be available in the PRO version, while the STD version (GPL) will have the non-minified suite.js, suitable for the reading or editing.

About the separate css files fro each widget, I’ll send you the scss project allowing you to compile your own css file for the dhtmlxSuite in private message.