Sub-dividing an event

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here so apologies if I’ve missed the answer whilst searching.

Is it possible, in` the timeline view, to sub-divide an event blob on the scheduler view? I’d like to show something like …

… where the interval between dates 1 and 2 indicate a lead-time to the main event, bounded by dates 2 and 3.

Either that, or can I create two blobs with the relevant dates which will always render next to each other, even in the scenario where an overlap with another lead-time/event combo would mean that the rendering engine would put them on different lines.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hi @BlindLemon,

two blobs with the relevant dates which will always render next to each other, even in the scenario where an overlap with another lead-time/event combo would mean that the rendering engine would put them on different lines.

By default the earlier the event occurs, the higher it is displayed in the row.

Nonetheless, you can apply event sorting in the timeline view, possibly it can help you with the issue:
https://docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/timeline_view.html#sortingofevents

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve managed to achieve what I was trying to do by adjusting the event start and end dates accordingly and using the event bar template to create two DIVs sized as I need. For me, the associated events would need to always be rendered next to each other, and I couldn’t see an obvious way of doing that using custom event sorting.