SubGrid: Resizing and changing skin

Hi:

I am using DHTMXL Pro version 1.6. I have a grid loaded via XML and the first column of the grid is of type ‘sub_grid_row’. The sub grid is also loaded as XML and it works fine. There are 2 issues which I am facing regarding the use of sub grids.

1. After open one instance of it, say in row 3, if I open up the one in row 2, the sub grid in row 3 gets ‘pushed down’. If I collapse row # 3 and then re-open it, it opens fine.

Below is the init and loading code for the parent grid:

function initKeyIndicatorLinksGrid( editMode )

{

keyIndicatorLinksGrid = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘kiLinksGridBox’);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.setImagePath(“thirdParty/dhtmlXTreeGridPro/imgs/”);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.setSkin(“light”);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.enableMultiselect(true);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.enableAutoHeight(true);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.enableAutoWidth(true);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.enableLightMouseNavigation( true );

//keyIndicatorLinksGrid.enableColumnMove( false );

//keyIndicatorLinksGrid.attachEvent(“onRowSelect”,doOnRowSelected);

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.attachEvent(“onEditCell”, doOnEditCellHandler );

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.attachEvent(“onSubGridCreated”, doOnKeyIndDetailsSubGridCreated );

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.attachEvent(“onSubGridLoaded”, doOnKeyIndDetailsSubGridLoaded );

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.attachEvent(“onSubRowOpen”, doOnSubRowOpen );

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.init();

}

function loadKeyIndicatorLinksGrid() {

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.clearAll( true );

keyIndicatorLinksGrid.loadXML( ‘keyIndicatorLinks.xml’, doPostLoadKeyIndicatorLinksGrid );

}

Below is the ‘onSubGridCreated’ event handler:

var keyIndDetailsSubGrid = null;

function doOnKeyIndDetailsSubGridCreated(subGrid, rowId, rowIndex, value) {

// subGrid - sub grid object

// rowId - related row id

// rowIndex - related row index

// value - value of sub row grid cell in the parent grid.

//alert(‘In On Sub Grid Created:’ + value );

keyIndDetailsSubGrid = subGrid;

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.setImagePath(“thirdParty/dhtmlXTreeGridPro/imgs/”);

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.setSkin(“modern”);

//keyIndDetailsSubGrid.enableAutoHeight( true );

//keyIndDetailsSubGrid.enableAutoWidth( true );

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.enableLightMouseNavigation( true );

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.enableCollSpan(true);

//keyIndDetailsSubGrid.attachEvent(“onSubGridCreated”, doOnKeyIndAssociationsSubGridCreated );

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.init();

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.loadXML( “keyIndicatorThresholds.xml”, doPostKeyIndDetailsSubGridLoad );

var timeoutId = window.setTimeout(function(){

keyIndDetailsSubGrid.callEvent(“onGridReconstructed”,[]);

},

50);

return false; //block default logic

}

function doPostKeyIndDetailsSubGridLoad() {

//keyIndDetailsSubGrid.enableAutoHeight(true);

adjustGridSize( keyIndDetailsSubGrid );

}

Below is the code for ‘adjustGridSize’ (solution suggested by Support for making scroll bars around the grid go away).

function adjustGridSize( grid )

{

if (null != grid)

{

grid.setSizes();

grid.obj.border=1;

grid.obj.border=0;

}

}

2. The other configuration that I want to do is have the sub grid use a different ‘theme’ than the parent grid. I did set this in JS using ‘setSkin’ but it didn’t work. I also tried adding the ‘beforeInit’ in the XML for the subgrid but that didn’t work either. Below is the XML for the sub grid:

modern

false,false,false,false

<column width=“30”        type=“sub_row_grid”    align=“left”     sort=“na” >

<column width=“28”        type=“cntr”        align=“center”     sort=“na” ><![CDATA[No.]]>

<column width=“125”        type=“ro”        align=“center”     sort=“sortByEventDisplayID” ><![CDATA[Threshold ]]>

<column width=“612”        type=“ro”        align=“left”     sort=“str” ><![CDATA[Action]]>

px

4 OR < 2]]>

<![CDATA[Add Row Delete Row]]>

Thanx for your help !!!

1. This issue was fixed at the latest dhtmlxGrid version. Please contact dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ndex.shtml

If I upgrade to the latest version of the grid, can i just update the ‘dhtmlxgrid_excell_sub_row.js’ file ? Reason I ask is becox there were updates provided for prior requests which were incroporated into ‘dhtmlxgrid.js’ and I am afraid they may be lost if I were to upgrage the whole package.

There was quite a lot of changes between 1.6 and 2.1 versions.
Updated dhtmlxgrid_excell_sub_row.js sent by email, please try to use it instead of original one, most probably it will be able to work correctly with other grid 1.6 files.