Suggestion for Migrating from 3.6 to 5.0

Currently, our application is using dhtmlxSuite v3.6, NowI needs to revamp UI and planning to upgrade to v5.0 for that, I have been through Migration guide
(https://docs.dhtmlx.com/migration__index.html) it suggests upgrading to from v3.6 to 4.0, from 3.6 to 4.1, from 4.3 to 4.4, from 4.6.1 to 5.0. all the points mentioned in migration guide are noted carefully and that can help me to move to very next version from 3.6 and there are other guides which can help to increment to next versions and so on but if I want to directly migrate to v5.0. from v3.6. which approach I should choose.

Can anyone help me and suggest an approach before I start to migrate.

The main migration step in your case is : 3.6 - 4.0
for the 4.0 - 5.1 - there were no significant changes in the initialization structure:

1. dhx.ajax instead of old dhtmlxAjax
  2. universal load()/parse() methods instead of old loadCSV/loadJSArray/loadJSON for some components and cases.

I was planning the same way and your suggestion certainly helps me to take a clear decision on my approach also I tried searching for 4.0 version but I did find the old version, can you help me and point me out the link to download or I should request on salesATdhtmlx.com for v4.0. Please suggest.

There is no need to use the 4.0 files. Please, try to use the latest (5.1) but follow the instructions to the “3.6 - 4.0 migration”. Also you need to pay attention to the api change that came in the “4.0 - 5.1”

Will make a plan for migration, Thanx for the response. :smiley: