syntax error on wordpress installation

I’m a new user. Just installed Event Calendar / Scheduler version 2.3.1 on wordpress 3.1.2. I’ve tried on Firefox 4.0.1 and IE 9.0. In either case I pull up my calendar page and I see nothing but a gray box, with a blue strip and a couple of arrows at the top. And on both browsers I see there’s a syntax error on the following line of code:

scheduler.config.lightbox.sections=[{name:“text”, height: 150, map_to: “text”, type:“textarea”, focus:true}, {name:“recurring”, height:115, type:“recurring”, map_to:“rec_type”, button:“recurring”},{name:“time”, height:72, type:“time”, map_to:“auto”}];

Is there some sort of configuration I need to do after I install to get the calendar to even appear?

Could you provide plugins list you are using on your Wordpress?
It looks like there is a plugins confict in your case.

Thanks for the reply. I’m using the Awake theme (v1.3) by WebTreats. The plugins I’m using are just the Askimet 2.5.3, Event Calendear 2.3.1 and W3 Total Cache I tried deactivating the W3 Total Cache plugin and it had no effect on the Event Calendar problem.

For anyone else encountering this problem, I found a solution. I don’t claim to know why exactly it’s happening, probably something to do with the theme I’m using. The problem is that there are closing and opening

tags placed by some incantation into the middle of some javascript - thus the syntax error.

The solution is to open the file “event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfiguratorLoad.php”. First, insert an if statement around line 753 to only perform that code if $settings[‘customfieldsTemplate’] is not an empty string. Righ now, if it’s empty, a line feed is being put into the code right after the prior line feed which I think is confusing the theme to add the

tag set. Then, on the following line, take the line feed and empty spaces out of the string, thus taking out another opportunity for 2 consecutive line feeds. When you’re done, your code lines 751 - 759 should look like this:


751: $scheduler .= $settings[‘customfields’]."\n";
753: if ($settings[‘customfieldsTemplate’] != ‘’) {
754: $scheduler .= $settings[‘customfieldsTemplate’]."\n";
755: }
756: $scheduler .= “scheduler.init(“scheduler_here”,null,default_mode);
757: scheduler.load(”".$loader_url.""+scheduler.uid());
758: var dp = new dataProcessor("".$loader_url.""+scheduler.uid());
759: dp.init(scheduler);";

I hope this helps someone. I should note that this does not remove any functionality from the code, so the developers may look to implement this or a similar fix on their next version.

…or of course the more obvious solution of encapsulating the [[scheduler_plugin]] shortcode on the loading page in [raw][/raw] tags. Sorry folks, it’s been a long day.

Hi! Good job, gurudave.