Syntax error when using "text_filter"

My SQL statement successfully retrieves data via an .ashx file in ASP.Net vb. When I try to filter the returned dataset, however, I get a syntax error.

Here’s the SQL statement:
SELECT ‘Delete^javascript:Mng(’ + CONVERT(varchar(10), BoosterContacts.BCID) + ‘, 3)^_top’ As BCDel, BoosterContacts.BCFName, BoosterContacts.BCLName, BoosterContacts.BCCity, BoosterContacts.BCPh, BoosterContacts.Athlete, BoosterContacts.BCEligible FROM BoosterContacts INNER JOIN BoosterClubs ON BoosterContacts.BoosterID = BoosterClubs.BoosterID

Here’s the error msg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><![CDATA[Select operation failed with the following error: Incorrect syntax near ' like '.

Unclosed quotation mark after the character string ‘)’.]]>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After some reading, I found a pseudo solution using the BeforeRender Event handler. I don’t understand why the initial query statement successfully returned data yet a “text_filter” event creates a syntax error. This seems to me that a parsing issue exists within the .NET connector. I experienced another issue where the .NET connector could not correctly parse a SQL statement because the word “from” was part of a field name. No worries, though. Everything is working and that’s what counts!